cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSAE 1.2.1 Installation and .NET Framework 3.5.1

Michael McClain
Level 1
Level 1

We are running TMS 14.6.1. I have been attempting to install TMSAE 1.2.1. The first issue I ran into was the requirement for .Net Framework 3.5.1. I installed .Net Framework 3.5.1 using the Role Management Tool on the TMS Server. After installing 3.5.1 I proceeded with the installation of TMSAE. I had to back out of the installation because of problems with the server link.

According to Microsoft, .Net Framework 3.5.1 and 4.5.1 can coexist so I left 3.5.1 installed. I then opened TMS and began getting "Run Time Errors" when trying to access different tabs and pages in TMS. I then uninstalled .NET Framework 3.5.1 and TMS began functioning normally. My questions are:

1. Am I missing something when I installed 3.5.1?

2. Can 3.5.1 actually coexist with 4.5.1?

3. Is 3.5.1 only used for the installation of TMSAE and then removed?

Thanks,

Mike

3 Replies 3

vivekksi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

Could you share the error message now you are getting is it related server link on database.

3.5.1 and 4.5.1 shouldn't be issue.

I would also like to bring to your notice that TMSAE is recommended to be install on different server other then TMS.

Thanks,

Vivek

@Vivek: No, TMSAE must be installed on the same server as TMS.

@Mike: If installing .NET 3.5 after installing .NET 4.x, you'll have to re-register TMS's IIS app pool so that it uses .NET 4.x. Have a look at the TMSAE admin guide page 17.

Note that you'll have to keep .NET 3.5 around after installing TMSAE, you cannot remove it.

Regards,
Kjetil

Kjetil and others,

Thanks for your responses. After digging into .NET3.5 I found that there were some HTTP features being installed along with the 3.5 installation. I disabled those features from being installed and wala! I am now running 3.5 along side 4.5. I still have a link problem, but I do believe that is a problem with the SQL Data warehouse server. My SQL guy gets back on Monday so we shall see.

Thanks again!

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: