Walkthrough Wednesdays
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

TMSPE Database permissions

Hi,

We are looking to upgrade TMS 12.6.2 (running TMS agents) to version TMS 13.2 + TMSPE 1.0.  The tmsng db is currenty pointing to an external SQL server and as per the deployment guides, I am looking to install the tmspe db in the same way. 

My question is based around the db permission of the tmspe, Would this need to have DB-owner privledges as per the deployment guides?  Or can I assign sys-admin rights to this and face no issues with doing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi,

I always had dbowner rights on the tmspe db and that worked fine, but isn't sysadmin a much higher privilege level which allows you to do everything? If so, this will work well altough I would not recommend to leave it with that high privilege due to security reasons.

Best regards,

Alex

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hi,

I always had dbowner rights on the tmspe db and that worked fine, but isn't sysadmin a much higher privilege level which allows you to do everything? If so, this will work well altough I would not recommend to leave it with that high privilege due to security reasons.

Best regards,

Alex

View solution in original post

Highlighted

As long as its just an upgrade and not a "create" as in a new installation it should be sufficient with db_owner. It will fail doing the upgrade if the permissions is insufficient and nothing is done with the database. Increase the permissions and try again. Always make backups

/Magnus

Content for Community-Ad