cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSPE Dial Plan Configuration within TMS

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm working on migrating from TMS Agent Legacy to TMSPE, and I noticed the following within the TMS provisioning options:

Note: Video Address Pattern and Device Address Pattern must be configured for  provisioning and FindMe to function properly.

I'm use to the Legacy method of only filling in the Device URI to create the SIP video address we use.  Though, how do I go from that single method of configuration to the new TMSPE addresses, and what does each of the new address types do if they were separate or the same?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Video address pattern is the FindMe address, the device address pattern is, well, just that, the address of the device; i.e. the users JabberVideo (Movi) address. The Video address pattern is only used if you are using FindMe, otherwise not.

See: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2179099?tstart=120

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Video address pattern is the FindMe address, the device address pattern is, well, just that, the address of the device; i.e. the users JabberVideo (Movi) address. The Video address pattern is only used if you are using FindMe, otherwise not.

See: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2179099?tstart=120

/jens

Thanks Jens, that makes perfect sense.  The note that they mention on the provisioning page is a bit confusing, making it sound like you need both, even if in some configurations you might not like you mention depending on if they use FindMe.

Video address will only work if FindMe is being used correct?  I did notice in the phonebook source that if a video address is being used that it also appears, however it doesn't route to any specific device, that is if it is different from the device address.

That is correct. We're not using FindMe either, so I've set Video address pattern to the same as the Device address pattern.

/jens

Thanks, my opinion, PE has it's good points and again some bad ones too.  Seems a bit harder to me to manage some areas of the user data and configurations, but I suppose we have to get use to it.

Jens, do you just provision Jabber Video, or other endpoints such as E20, or EX systems as well?  Also, what setting do you have the provisioning phone book source set to for advanced settings.  I've thought about provisioning some of our E20 units along with Jabber Video so users can be able to call one URI and connect to someone no matter which device they are behind.  This is without the use of FindMe, hense registering each device with the same video/device address.

Took me a while to get my head around TMSPE as compared to legacy, but I quite like it now.

I only provision JabberVideo clients at this stage as we only have a couple of EX90 and no E20 devices.

Provisioning both with same URI should work, can't see any reason as to why it wouldn't.

Not sure what you mean by te provisioning phone book source for advanced settings; but in all of our C-series and the EX90's under Phonebook Server 1, I'm using ID "default", Type "TMS" - if that's what you're referring to?

/jens

I was refering to the provisioning phonebook source within TMS, that's all.  Thanks for the info, and yeah it does take a little while to go from the legacy method to the new one.

Aha, I see

Only "Import Provisioned Devices" selected.

/jens

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: