Views
Helpful
Replies

tmspe - Failed to create device template

Danny Meyer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi everybody.

I wanted to upgrade an existing TMS 13.2 installation for enhanced provisioning.

The migration tool fails with the following error:

Start migration of 2 device templates...

19 Nov 2012 21:29:39 ERROR - Failed to create device template for {id=[4de6f381-6322-4e86-993e-33d26b418fda], display_name=[movi], uri_pattern=[movi.{email}], type=[VIDEO_ENDPOINT]} URL: /device_templates The exception returned from API was Invalid placeholder: email Status: InvalidPlaceHolder Status Code: 2303 Data: {invalidPattern=email}.

The exception message is: POST http://localhost:8788/fm/device_templates returned a response status of 400 Bad Request

19 Nov 2012 21:29:39 ERROR - Migration failed

There was a similar thread with an issue with groups, but this does not help for this case, I tried this fix.

Does anybody has a hint for me what I need to (probabely) delete prior to the migration?

Many thanks in advance

Danny 

6 Replies 6

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

In your provisioning directory, have you defined any device URI patterns referencing '.movi.{email}'?

The migration tool seems to have a problem with this since {email} is not a valid user field mapping, you should replace the device URI mapping with {emailAddress} instead since that is the correct field mapping for the e-mail address property of the provisioning user.

Regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas.

Thanks very much for your quick answer.

I have deleted any mappings in the parent folder for the users that exist (according to the the similar post).

Have I missed maybe something?

Thanks and regards

Danny 

Danny,

my guess would be that the reference to {email} is found in one of the devices defined in your FindMe template configuration, specifically in the device template for Movi inside your FindMe template, so you might want to take a closer look at that.

Andreas.

You saved my day, many thanks. It was indeed in a findMe template, but not as {email}, but with

{emailAddress}. I changed it to username.movi to be on the safe side, and it worked !!!!

Can I put it back? :-)

Kind regards

Danny

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

The email placeholder was never implemented for the findme template. There is a feature request open for this. In the mean time if the e-mail address is firstname.lastname@domain.com you can create this pattern movi.{first_name}.{last_name}@domain.com or {username} if that is applicable. For the device pattern you can use the {email} placeholder.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Magnus.

Thanks for your clarification. That's indeed not a big problem to compose in case.

I am happy that the conversion worked and let's not wonder why "emailAddress" was initially allowed to enter there.. :-)

Cheers

Danny