Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSPE Migration issue

Hi Team,

today we updated our TMS to the new TMSPE agent, however we have encountered several problems during this migration.

In summary:

We started from an unclustered TMS 13.2 using legacy TMS agent and  connected to an SQL Server 2005 (Windows 2003 R2).

TMSPE was installed and migration performed (we had to detach AD group sources and device templates, as migration was always failing)

TMS provisioning extension mode was enabled on TMS and on (TMS) system -> VCS -> provisioning tab we configured the following:

We will not use TLS for communications so Encryption and Certificate are turned off.

At this time we have this situation on services:

Findme is not in use, but we keep having problem with Phonebook services:

Same result on TMS PE diagnostic:

And this is how it looks like on VCS:

I'm still not familiar with this new TMS PE, but i tried some cheap workarounds as:

disable\enable Provisioning Extension Agent

Re- start TMSPE windows services

Verify group access to phonebooks

Server reboot

But the warning is still there (on both TMS and VCS)... however i noticed phonebooks are populated and systems receive phonebook's entries (i tried also to remove\ re-add phonebooks on systems and it was working fine).

Any suggestions before i'll get in touch with Cisco TAC?

Thanks and regards.

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

My guess is that this is an authentication problem. The TMSPE user either does not have the correct rights or the useraccount might even be disabled. Go to the Provisioning Extension settings in TMS and verify that the account you are using does exist as a user in TMS and that it is a site administrator. Then go to AD or the local user repository on the windows server and check the user. Make sure it have "Password never expire" NOT: "User have to change password upon login" or "This user account is disabled/locked".

Are you using the same user to connect to TMS in the provisioning extension settings in TMS and for the VCS as well?

Is the TMS communication in TMS Provisioning Extension settings set to HTTP or HTTPS?

Verify the user!

The thing is that you can get the same error VCS --> TMS even if the phonebook button is Green. In that case Guy's answer would be totally valid.

But in this case it seems like the TMSPE --> TMS communication is failing on the TMS server. Usually this ends up being some kind of problem with the user you are using to connect TMSPE to TMS with in TMS Provisioning Extension Settings under admin tools --> configuration. But I have not seen your logs so I cannot be 100% sure, but I have definatly seen this before.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

gubadman
Level 3
Level 3

When you go to Phone books > Manage phone books in TMS, check that the provisioning groups have access to the phone books on the access control tab. The error suggests to me there are no phone books available for the users.

Thanks,

Guy

Thanks Guy,

unfortunately this was already tried... same result.

Best regards

Hi

My guess is that this is an authentication problem. The TMSPE user either does not have the correct rights or the useraccount might even be disabled. Go to the Provisioning Extension settings in TMS and verify that the account you are using does exist as a user in TMS and that it is a site administrator. Then go to AD or the local user repository on the windows server and check the user. Make sure it have "Password never expire" NOT: "User have to change password upon login" or "This user account is disabled/locked".

Are you using the same user to connect to TMS in the provisioning extension settings in TMS and for the VCS as well?

Is the TMS communication in TMS Provisioning Extension settings set to HTTP or HTTPS?

Verify the user!

The thing is that you can get the same error VCS --> TMS even if the phonebook button is Green. In that case Guy's answer would be totally valid.

But in this case it seems like the TMSPE --> TMS communication is failing on the TMS server. Usually this ends up being some kind of problem with the user you are using to connect TMSPE to TMS with in TMS Provisioning Extension Settings under admin tools --> configuration. But I have not seen your logs so I cannot be 100% sure, but I have definatly seen this before.

/Magnus

Thanks guys,

Im gonna check this on monday and ill let you know.

Best regards.

Dan

Did you check which user has this Key? You may find more details in the Event Log or under Status > Applications > Provisioning Extension.

Regards, Paul

rasimyigit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,
Do you check the username and password at the PE ? Could you connected the VCS and the Tms? What about authentication the Zones on the VCS ? ( treat or check credentials )???

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks for all your advices guys, unfortunately i won't be able to check anything before monday.

I'll collect as more info i can, then i'll let you know.

Cheers

Dan

Good morning guys,

i did some check and i noticed that TMSEX user was not site administrator (pretty weird since it was setted Sa at first).

Now i got a full sync on VCS:

So Magnus was totally right! :-)

However i got the same error on TMS:

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi Daniele

That is fine, but the TMSEX user is the user you are using to connect the VCS to TMSPE on the TMS server. The question is what about the user in the TMS Provisioning extension settings in TMS? Is this also using the TMSEX user?

That is the user that reflects the diagnostics in TMS. Verify the users integrity, alternatively type in the password agin and save it. Then restart the TMSPE service on the TMS server and see if the issue is resolved.

Ciao Magnus,

i have manually restarted the TMSPE windows service and now i got all green marks.. excellent

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: