Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSPE Title field limit

david.sharp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are getting an error when attempting to perform an AD synchronization into TMSPE.

Two users will not synchronize, we get the error message "One or more fields exceed the maximum length".

We suspect the Title field is where the error is as the persons job title has recently changed.

Is some one in Cisco able to confirm the limitations on field size with relation to AD synchronization into TMSPE.

I've looked through the various documents online, help files, etc.. and have been unable to find any details on the character size limits of the specific fields.

Cheers

Think with Portals
3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've had this happen to me as well, I had to go into AD and remove or shorten the title then perform an import to bring in some users, afterward, I added the original title back in AD.  It only seems to be an issue on first import, once the user is imported, there appears to be no problem with the character limit.

I also couldn't find any documentation on character limits regarding AD fields when importing users.

Interesting, I'll suggest we give that a go. I did manage to find details about character limits in AD for office 365 but nothing that specifically related to the title field, I wonder if the limit is part of the full sync from the TMSPE side or does the program logic there just pull what ever it finds?

The client has confirmed that the accounts was working without any issue before they changed the title field to update the job title, then the accounts would no longer sync, so this doesn't appear to be the answer in this instance.

I have questioned if they could be hitting a limit with the AD environment with the sync and the believe not as the AD environment is syncing to other applications without issue, it is only TMSPE that is suffering the problem.

We suspect what caused the problem was the only change that appeared to occur and that was with their job title which pushes the title field to just over 100 characters.

I wonder would Cisco be able to confirm any character limit for the fields that sync across from AD with TMSPE?

Cheers

Think with Portals

david.sharp
Level 1
Level 1

For the benefit of any one else who may come across this issue, Yes there is a limit and it is 100 characters, the limit is set in the TMSPE database. I am currently not sure if this can be adjusted or if there would be additional programming implications to this.

Think with Portals