cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSXE 3.0 dedicated server

Iain Goad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, I'm hoping someone can help me. We have recently migrated to Exchange 2010 and now need to upgrade the TMS Exchange Integrator. I understand from the installation guide that TMSXE 3.0 requires a dedicated server, but I cannot find any technical reason for this. Can someone provide more information? I need to be able to justify the build of a new dedicated server to my Solution Designers and to the business.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

TMSXE is no longer installed on the exchange server. However depending on how large your TMSXE deployment is you might be able to setup TMSXE on the same server as TMS. However this should be for small deployments only.

/Magnus

Hi Magnus, thanks for the reply. We have over 200 end-points so I'm guessing that would fall into the mid-large deployment range. Apart from TMSXE no longer going on exchange, is there any other reason it needs its own server? high CPU or RAM usage maybe?

Thanks

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Iain,

We say the following in the TMSXE 3.x admin guide:

We recommend installing Cisco TMSXE on a standalone server. Cisco TMSXE may be co-located with Cisco TMS in smaller deployments, with the following prerequisites: 

• The server must have a minimum of 4GB RAM. 
  • A maximum of 50 telepresence endpoints are available for booking in Cisco TMS and Cisco TMSXE.

The 50 systems threshold comes from the reults from our internal load testing. If you have over 200 endpoints, co-locating TMSXE with TMS will give an unacceptable performance hit on TMS itself - slow phone books, provisioning problems, problems coping with the feedback from managed systems etc.

Regards,

Kjetil

Hi, thank you for the your response. We will be going with the 2 server solution then.

Many thanks