Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSXE 3.1 email templates

I've just upgraded from TMSXE 3.0 to 3.1.  This was due to the inconsistency between email templates - we wanted people to get the same notifications whether they were booked by TMS or via outlook and the release notes stated:

"New Cisco TMS notification templates Cisco TMSXE now uses only email templates generated by Cisco TMS, inserting its own notifications and error messages when necessary. Users will now get consistent booking confirmations and event notifications independently of the booking client they use."

However, what I've found is that TMSXE is using the HTML booking template, despite TMS being configured to use plain text under email settings, so the invites are still inconsistent.  Unfortunately, a small subset of users who will be recieving these notifications are unable to display HTML emails, hence why we use plain text.

Is this intended behaviour, a misconfiguration or a bug?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nick,

TMSXE uses the e-mail templates available in TMS, and yes from TMS 14.2 i have noticed it is using the html template,

you can customize with respective html template in TMS and changes should occur on the same.

BR/ Mahesh Adithiyha

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

I should clarify - TMSXE is using the HTML email template from TMS, rather than its own HTML template as with TMSXE3.0.

Hi Nick,

TMSXE uses the e-mail templates available in TMS, and yes from TMS 14.2 i have noticed it is using the html template,

you can customize with respective html template in TMS and changes should occur on the same.

BR/ Mahesh Adithiyha

Thanks Mahesh - I have changed the HTML template to look like a text email as a workaround

Hi Nick, Glad to hear it is working.

To be more specific. The changes I noticed since 14.2 if you have set the TMS > email settings to use plain text this is applicable only when you do the bookings from TMS web portal on the .txt templates and not TMSXE, since TMSXE is using by default html e-mail template you need to make necessary changes on the same and that would reflect for the outlook bookings.

BR/Mahesh Adithiyha

Tim Cappel
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I am inquiring about a similar issue to this.  I am using TMS 14.2 and TMSXE 3.1.  When booking through the new prod tools that allows for WebEx Enable TelePresence booking it sends a plain text email found inside TMS.  I want it to use the same HTML template that is uses when booking through Smart Scheduler.  I haven't been able to find anything in TMS or WebEx to say which template it should use inside prod tools.  Any help is appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: