cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSXE cannot connect to Exchange Web Services

Iain Goad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have done our upgrade to TMSXE 3.0.1 2 months ago, and we have just started noticing that we can no longer add video conferencing units as the TMSXE will not connect to EWS. There have been no changes on the Exchange servers or the TMSXE server. Can someone please provide troubleshooting steps?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The root cause for this one was a network issue, as soon as the NLB was taken out of the loop it was working. Not an issue with TMSXE or TMS.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried simply restarting the service on the TMSXE server?

If that doesn't resolve it, then turn on debug logging and collect the logs since the logs may provide information on what is or isn't going on. See the TMSXE Install doc for details on turning on and increasing debug logging:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tmsxe/install_guide/Cisco_TMSXE_install_guide_3-0.pdf

You may also look at the other troubleshooting information contained in this document as well.

And if restarting the service resolves the issue, you may want to consider upgrading to latest and greatest release, i.e. 3.0.2. Not saying that there may be something in 3.0.2 that will fix this but always good to be on the latest and greatest release

hi Dale, many thanks for your reply. Service and server reboot didn't work. The degub log comes back with the below error. Does it ring any bells?

'Error connecting to the Exchange server with error mesage: Request failed. The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive'

Thanks

Hi Iain,

It appears this issue is currently being worked within the TAC so I'll defer to the TAC guys to work on this with you

Dale

timwalk
Level 1
Level 1

I would perform the following:

1. Restart the EWS service on the Exchange server.

2. Restart the TMSXE service

3. Make sure that the firewall configuration on the TMSXE server has not been changed.

4. Make sure that there is not a proxy on the TMSXE server that was pushed by group policy.

5. Verify that the resource mailboxes for the video systems that you are trying to integrate exist and the TMS-Service account has full mailbox permissions.

6. In the Event Viewer on the TMXSE server review the application event log for the TMSXE and provide any error messages presented there for review to determine if this is an issue with the TMSXE application.

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tim

There is a tac case open on this in my backlog if you want to take a look, seemingly the same client. There is more information there.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

timwalk
Level 1
Level 1

I would also consider checking the permission in IIS for EWS to make sure that they have not been changed. The directory security should be set to Integrated Windows Authentication.

The root cause for this one was a network issue, as soon as the NLB was taken out of the loop it was working. Not an issue with TMSXE or TMS.

/Magnus

Hi Guys, just wanted to say many thanks for your help in troubleshooting this. Hopefully this will help someone else in the future

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: