cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSXE error

Justin Lewis
Level 1
Level 1

I am running TMSXE 2.2 and getting an error on enabling sinks: interface unknown. Has anyone else seen this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ok, this is a known issue with tmxe 2.x on server 2008. It might happen under heavy load and randomly. Only workaround is to reboot the server for a temporary fix or install it on win 2003 server, im not sure if you can restart the information store service to quick fix it, but as I remember it need to reboot. This issue is not present with TMSXE 3.0.

The issue is described as a note in TMSXE 2.3.x documentation. I think its in the installation guide. But the issue is there for 2.2 as well and win2k8.

I hate to give bad news but at least you know that its not your fault.

/magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Are you running it on windows server 2008?

Hi Magnus,

Yes, 2008 SP 2. The main reason I noticed it is because I am having an issue with one video unit. When you schedule it through Outlook, it doesnt get booked on the backend with TMS. Every other room in TMS books fine through Outlook.

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ok, this is a known issue with tmxe 2.x on server 2008. It might happen under heavy load and randomly. Only workaround is to reboot the server for a temporary fix or install it on win 2003 server, im not sure if you can restart the information store service to quick fix it, but as I remember it need to reboot. This issue is not present with TMSXE 3.0.

The issue is described as a note in TMSXE 2.3.x documentation. I think its in the installation guide. But the issue is there for 2.2 as well and win2k8.

I hate to give bad news but at least you know that its not your fault.

/magnus

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for the info. Glad to see its not something I missed. When you say "rebbot the server" are you referring to rebooting the Exchange server TMSXE 2.2 is on or to rebooting TMS? We have clustered 2008 servers that TMSXE is on right now, so rebooting that may not be a big deal.

Thanks for the help.

im not sure if you can restart the information store service to quick fix it, but as I remember it need to reboot.

Restarting the Exchange Information Store will also (temporarily) bring back service; there is no need to reboot the entire server.

But really: all customers affected by the "interface is unknown" problem (defect #CSCtr25483) should migrate to TMSXE 3.0 as soon as possible.

Yes, we are going to look at applying the hotfix in the short term. TMSXE is on seperate Exchange cluster that can be rebooted with no impact except to tmsxe. We will be moving to 3.0, but that will still be a bit of time before we have everything ready.

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm referring to rebooting the exchange server where tmsxe resides, yes.

I'm glad this info helped you.

/magnus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: