Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSXE/TMS Error - Cannot book a meeting in the past

cwade23
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings

I have a few random users who are receiving a decline when booking a TMSXE managed room.

"ERROR: The videoconference resource could not be booked in Cisco TMS. You cannot book a meeting in the past.

Has anyone experienced this or know the solution?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Shea Sivell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are the users attempting to modify a previous meeting?

*NOTE*

Meetings in the past cannot be changed or deleted, and you cannot move a meeting from the past to the future.

(p.18)

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tmsxe/install_guide/Cisco-TMSXE-deployment-guide-4-1.pdf

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Shea Sivell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are the users attempting to modify a previous meeting?

*NOTE*

Meetings in the past cannot be changed or deleted, and you cannot move a meeting from the past to the future.

(p.18)

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tmsxe/install_guide/Cisco-TMSXE-deployment-guide-4-1.pdf

Hi

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay in getting back. No, the meetings are one of current meetings not one in a series or a past meeting.

We are beginning to get several of these now so any guidance is appreciated.

This is seen a lot when end users are using older meetings within Outlook/Exchange to create new meetings (moving an old meeting to the future. Exchange will accept this, but TMS will not.

I have the same issue. The users are aware that they cannot change a meeting that has passed to create a new meeting. In my case users will book a meeting, the meeting will take place, then about 6 months later a declime message will be sent to the organizer saying the meeting has been decline "you cannot book a meeting in the past"

This meeting was created only once. it was not changed at all but somewhere it was triggered again and then the decline was sent as the meeting has passed long ago. Anyone with the same issue?

Yeah, oversight in TMS XE. We get a ton of emails from our customers asking what the cause of the error is.

sue.murley1
Level 1
Level 1

I am still experiencing this issue with several users since deploying TMS-XE first of February.  As I have read the past messages, most are from 2016.  Is there any fix for this?  Is it that the user has the same subject title for multiple meetings?  Or something that is similar in meetings that cause the server to think this is the same meeting?  I do realize that if the user waits a few minutes they are able to book the meeting, but this is still causing havoc when we have over 15 thousand users globally scheduling meetings with TMS-XE.  Thank you.

there is a bug with regards to this problem. CSCvh23105 the user will get the notification when the meeting is removed from the room calendar. 

thank you for your response.  These meetings are NEW meetings that are being scheduled the same day or the day before the meeting.  These are not meetings that any of the users are editing or have scheduled in the past and are deleting or changing. 

My thought was maybe something in the meeting may be similar or the same as a past meeting and this is why the message / error is appearing on new meetings.  Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: