Views
Helpful
Replies

Touch 10 and C-Series End Points

Robert McAffery
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have seen that the Touch 10's are not supported by the C-Series End Points.  Is this a software issue or a older hardware issue?  I am using TC7.3 which is the same version as SX20's that support the touch 10.

I have a C40 that has a damaged Touch 8 and I would like to replace it with a Touch 10.  I believe that the Touch 8's are no longer for sale.

Can anyone help?  Does the Touch 10 work with a C40 but its not supported? Or does it not work at all?

Thanks,

Rob

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Touch 10 is only supported on the newer endpoints (currently the SX10/20/80, MX200/300 G2, and MX700/800), this is because the UI of the touch goes hand and hand with the updated UI of those endpoints.  It's not possible to pair a Touch 10 with any of the older C or MX Series codecs as the UI of each are different, and I'm sure the support for the Touch 10 isn't in the codec's software.

Currently the Touch 8 is not EOS.

As Patrick has said (+5), the Touch 10 is not supported on the older endpoints.

This is written in the "Cisco TelePresence Touch 10 hardware dependencies" section of the TC7 release notes (Page 96) - where it says: "The Touch 10 panel is supported only by the following systems: SX10, SX20, SX80, MX700, MX800, MX200 G2 and MX300 G2."

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Experts,
I have a doubt, the Touch CTS-CTRL-DV10 already came out EOS and has no replacement, we drive an MX300 and the touch is damaged
Now the most up-to-date telepresence devices bring a Touch with SKU: CS-TOUCH10 =

My question is, will the new touch CS-TOUCH10 = be compatible with the MX series?

I will appreciate your support.

regards
Charles.

@carlos.perez1 wrote:

My question is, will the new touch CS-TOUCH10 = be compatible with the MX series?

Yes, the new model Touch10 will work with any of the systems that previously supported a Touch10 - you just need to make sure you are running an up to date software release on the endpoint as the newer Touch10s need a minimum of CE8.3.3 or CE9.1.1.

The Touch10 will not work on one of the older devices (such as the C series mentioned by the original poster) that only support a Touch8.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: