Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Touch 10 Control Panel

Is the Touch 10 required for all Webex Room systems to operate?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

That is incorrect - as Wayne stated you can use a third party control system from Crestron, AMX, etc. 

My guess is what he meant was that there is no remote control support, which is correct. The only control device from Cisco is the Touch 10. You can do some controls with the proximity app, but not everything. 

View solution in original post

As I said in my previous post in this thread, you do not need to use a Touch10 with the RoomKit devices.  If you control them with a 3rd Party Control System, you do not have to have any Touch10s connected at all.  We have rooms set up this way.  

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Paul Stojanovski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SX10 and SX20 devices which are registered to Webex can support a remote control. 

Check out this link: 

https://help.webex.com/en-us/ikhs20/Make-a-Call-from-Room-Devices-with-a-Remote-Control

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you use some other control source which could be another kind of touch panel, a third party control system (Crestron, AMX, etc that uses the API), or use one of the supported 3rd party USB bluetooth remote controllers, then you don't have to use the Touch10. 

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

My question has to do with the new WebEx series, not the SX10 or SX20. The contractor on a job we designed has been told that the Touch 10 is required for the WebEx Rook Kit systems to operate. 

That is incorrect - as Wayne stated you can use a third party control system from Crestron, AMX, etc. 

My guess is what he meant was that there is no remote control support, which is correct. The only control device from Cisco is the Touch 10. You can do some controls with the proximity app, but not everything. 

As I said in my previous post in this thread, you do not need to use a Touch10 with the RoomKit devices.  If you control them with a 3rd Party Control System, you do not have to have any Touch10s connected at all.  We have rooms set up this way.  

Wayne
--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: