cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Touch 10 Default Button Actions

cratzlaff
Level 1
Level 1

I am interested in triggering a CEC event in CE9.2 when the user selects the default Share Button. Does anyone know what feedback I can subscribe to in order to receive a trigger when that happens? I'm aware that 9.6 offers to let you replace default buttons with your own that you can track, but we are not upgrading to 9.6 in the near future. I simply want to "wake" my AppleTV before the user sees the screen when they can select either AppleTV or HDMI input, so that the input doesnt show "No Input."  Thanks for your help!

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Another option for you as a temporary workaround could be to set the Apple TV to never go to sleep - that would save you from having to wake it up.  Depending on what model you have, there could be as little a half a watt difference in power use between awake (at menu) and sleep mode.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne,

We have talked about that, but are using the Standby mode of the VC unit to trigger off all of the other equipment in the room, since it all passes through the codec. If we leave the AppleTV on all of the time the codec will never go to sleep.

There is no event trigger on opening the share dialog. Maybe wake the AppleTV up when you wake the device from standby?

/Magnus

More and more I am seeing this as the current solution. The Standby:Off flag is only raised once when the change is made right? So I can wake the AppleTV based on that, only problem then is if the user doesnt interact with the AppleTV at some point within 15mins, whether they are using a different input, or havent started using Content share yet, the ATV will go to sleep. From my experience that's not very common, but also not a 0% chance of it happening.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: