Views
Helpful
Replies

touch 10

adrianarendse
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day All

I am busy with a solution where we are integrating a SX20 with a Touch 10 and a single display. The client would like to use an interactive LCD panel which has multiple HDMI inputs. 

What i'd like to do is to content share via the codec as well as locally on a separate HDMI input. we will be adding a crestron controller to the solution to control the screen to switch inputs instead of using a matrix switcher. 

My question is this...can i use the touch 10 device to control the screen as well or will i need to add a separate touch panel? 

i'd like to be able to control the screen to switch on and off, switch inputs and control volume from the Cisco 10 device.

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

With the latest CE software on the SX you can integrate some of the switching controls on the Touch10 controller.  You will still need to interface to a Crestron like device, but you shouldn't need to use a separate control panel. 

Have a look at the Room Control Guide

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you Wayne

So on CE8.2, with a crestron controller and rs232 to the screen, i can control the screen via the Touch 10? has a proof of concept been done doing this?

The control processor acts as a bridge between the codec and the controlled devices in the room.  I have this setup in my office to control a TV from an SX80, it's pretty easy, doesn't require anything complex unless you want it to.  In short, a control processor is connected to the codec via RS232, SSH, or Telnet and is watching for specific events that get triggered when someone uses the Touch 10 to control the TV, then the processor sends the relevant command to the TV that corresponds to the Touch 10 button pressed.  Everything you need is in the guide that Wayne linked to, including some examples.

mmihalyf
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lightware has a HDMI switch that does this.