Views
Helpful
Replies

Touch 8 (CTS-CTRL-DV8) Cable?

csco10051403
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

Just quick question for everyone. What is the name (type) of the connector on the end of the Touch 8. It kind of looks like RJ45 but has clips on side (?).

Thank in advance.

Regards

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Might be a Cisco prosperity cable used for the Touch 8.  I looked through the data sheets and install guides, there is no mention of what connector type that is.  What are you asking for?

Thank you Patrick! Just need to identify it on drawing. I did a call out with description but it just made me curious as to what Cisco calls it. Further on the PoE injector (POE13U-130-R) has female end, what is that called?

Am I correct in assuming it is serial?

Am I correct in assuming it is serial?

No, it's an Ethernet connection, not a serial connection.  I don't know that either of the connectors has a common name, they're a proprietary connector made by AMP for the touch panels.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you Wayne. Will leave question open for a little bit see if anyone comes up with as you said the “common name”.

Thank you for clearing up the connection type. Good stuff…

GB

mvrossum
Level 1
Level 1

Better late than never....

It is an SDL connector, 50 series by AMP

Regards,

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: