cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Touch 8 Login method changed - EX

RAMEEZ RAHIM
Level 1
Level 1

I see the below chnage in Version TC7 for the Touch 8.

Password protection of the Touch Administrator menu

you must sign in with the video system’s administrator password to get access to the Administrator menu on Touch 8.

I have a huge number of EX systems to manage and all of them are added to my TMS.

I had configured the Menupassword for all my TC systems with the following custom command from TMS and was using that for touch screen login until TC6.

<Command><SystemUnit><MenuPassword><Set command="True"><Password>videoadmin</Password></Set></MenuPassword></SystemUnit></Command>

Now after my upgrade to TC7, the touch screen asks for username and password of a Video Admin that is configured through Endpoint GUI.

Now, my local admin team is not able to login to the Touch screen and i have to create new usernames for them in each endpoint manually.

Is there a way, i can configures users from TMS templates or anyoher way to workaround this.

3 Replies 3

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rameez,

Yes, the above information is correct and from TC 7 onward, you need to login with your username and password on touch panel to access its administrative settings.

the command that is used to set admin password on unit is:

xcommand systemunit adminpassword set password: ""

you can use it to push password from TMS

Hi Amehla,

But i dont want the username admin to be shared with my local team.

I need to create a seperate username for them. Something like "onsiteadmin"

Is there a way to do this from TMS.?

A template per site with site specific password. Then have this template pushed to endpoints in that site.

Yes obvious objections to this are understood N number of sites = N number of templates.