cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Touch10 dropped network connection

tomas_vll
Level 1
Level 1

Every now and then systems renew their IP adress ( DHCP, and .1X). When the touch 10 is not directley connected to endpoint but through the network the connections drops.

We then have to ask our users to enter the new IP adress. Is there any way one can remotley establish the connection to the touch10 ?

2 Replies 2

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

No, the Touch 10 initiates the pairing with the codec, not the other way around. I'd recommend reserving IP addresses in your DHCP server for your endpoints so they don't change IP's. That's what my company does and we never have this problem. 

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3

I would suggest setting both the endpoint and the touch 10 as static IP addresses so that they are not changing.  Otherwise you would connect the touch 10 directly to the endpoint (instead of going through the network) to get around this issue.  It is also usually best practice to set static IP addresses on items like this for manageability.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: