Views
Helpful
Replies

TPS 8710 Console Port Pin Outs

Tony Beseau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I immediately need the wiring diagram for the console port on the MSE 8710 blade. I cannot find any docs on CCO and need to cable the console port to terminal server in order to gather data for a TAC SR. Can anyone send me a link to the hardware manual that shows this information or can you provide the pin outs?

Thank you,

Tony

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Pinouts for most Codian-based products are available at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/articles/cisco_telepresence_codian_serial_cable_pinout_kb_119.shtml.

Although this page does not list the TS8710 I'd expect this blade to use the same pinouts.

- Andreas

View solution in original post

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All ex-Codian infrastructure product use same pin assignment.

Cisco standard serial cable (light blue) with RJ45 interface works on 8710 TelePresence Server Blade as well.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

gubadman
Level 3
Level 3

Normal blue Cisco console cable will probably work - our are wired up with the CAB-HD8-ASYNC cables

connect at 38400 bps

Pinouts for most Codian-based products are available at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/articles/cisco_telepresence_codian_serial_cable_pinout_kb_119.shtml.

Although this page does not list the TS8710 I'd expect this blade to use the same pinouts.

- Andreas

Your answer was great. Thank you for your help. The pin out is exactly what I needed and I now have access to the 8710 console port.

Thanks again!

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All ex-Codian infrastructure product use same pin assignment.

Cisco standard serial cable (light blue) with RJ45 interface works on 8710 TelePresence Server Blade as well.

The e-mail the system sent me didn't show your post, but after viewing it looks great and that pin out worked THank you for your help!