Helpful
Replies

TPS can't create new conference, but it should

Fabrizio Nurra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've a strange problem with a TPS.

Since yesterday, TPS can't create new conferences: error message reports "There are no free port. No remote conferences can be created or new endpoints added to existing conferences"; but that's not true: free ports are present and available.

Licenses are correctly registered and in the "port license status" tab, 4 ports are reported as unused.

This behavior arised yesterday apparently for no reason. Until yesterday, everyhing was working fine.

Due to customer contract (and TPS owner) I can't upgrade TPS software.

I'd like to investigate a bit before opening a case with TAC.

Any suggestion?

Attached some screenshot.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Under the conference status, the video ports should be showing something like 0/8.  But yours is showing 0/0.  1st digit shows how many ports used, and last digit shows how many ports available.  So for your case, is 0, so no ports available.

Perhaps, some settings somewhere is wrong. 

Many thanks for your answer Teck...

That is precisely the problem!!!

Under "status activated features" I have 0/8 licensed ports allocated by supervisor, but under the conference status I have 0/0.

I checked all settings... maybe I missed something

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have not done anything before this happen, maybe try to pull out the blade and re insert it again?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: