cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TPS MSE 8710 and MSE 8510 Blade clustering

Eddie Bedon
Level 1
Level 1

These may simple questions but I can't seem to find clear cut answers to them. Can you cluster Telepresence MCU MSE 8510 blades with TPS MSE 8710 blades? And if so, what software version do I need to have each blade running? I'm looking to upgrade our from MCU to TPS and just want to make sure I have all the info I need. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Eddie -

You can only cluster blades of the same.  Example, MCU 8510 with other 8510s up to 3 blades, and TPS 8710 with other 8710s up to 4 blades.  The exception to this is if you migrate your MCU 8510 to TPS blades by installing the MCU to TPS software on the 8510, see Running_TS_Software_on_MCU_MSE8510 on how to do that, then those MCU 8510 blades now become and should then be treated as TPS 8710 blades.

All the blades you want to put into a cluster must be running the same version of software.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Eddie -

You can only cluster blades of the same.  Example, MCU 8510 with other 8510s up to 3 blades, and TPS 8710 with other 8710s up to 4 blades.  The exception to this is if you migrate your MCU 8510 to TPS blades by installing the MCU to TPS software on the 8510, see Running_TS_Software_on_MCU_MSE8510 on how to do that, then those MCU 8510 blades now become and should then be treated as TPS 8710 blades.

All the blades you want to put into a cluster must be running the same version of software.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the info. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the quick response.

No problem.

Don't forget to mark your question as answered, for others that might have the same issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: