cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TPS MSE 8710 and MSE 8510 Blade clustering

Eddie Bedon
Level 1
Level 1

These may simple questions but I can't seem to find clear cut answers to them. Can you cluster Telepresence MCU MSE 8510 blades with TPS MSE 8710 blades? And if so, what software version do I need to have each blade running? I'm looking to upgrade our from MCU to TPS and just want to make sure I have all the info I need. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Eddie -

You can only cluster blades of the same.  Example, MCU 8510 with other 8510s up to 3 blades, and TPS 8710 with other 8710s up to 4 blades.  The exception to this is if you migrate your MCU 8510 to TPS blades by installing the MCU to TPS software on the 8510, see Running_TS_Software_on_MCU_MSE8510 on how to do that, then those MCU 8510 blades now become and should then be treated as TPS 8710 blades.

All the blades you want to put into a cluster must be running the same version of software.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Eddie -

You can only cluster blades of the same.  Example, MCU 8510 with other 8510s up to 3 blades, and TPS 8710 with other 8710s up to 4 blades.  The exception to this is if you migrate your MCU 8510 to TPS blades by installing the MCU to TPS software on the 8510, see Running_TS_Software_on_MCU_MSE8510 on how to do that, then those MCU 8510 blades now become and should then be treated as TPS 8710 blades.

All the blades you want to put into a cluster must be running the same version of software.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the info. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the quick response.

No problem.

Don't forget to mark your question as answered, for others that might have the same issue.