Views
Helpful
Replies

TPS, TCS and TX endpoints

Oscar Jaime
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I've seen a few threads where TCS and CUCM registered endpoints are discussed but can't find a definite answer to this question:

Can TCS 6.x (registered to VCS) record Immersive Telepresence (TX9000s) meetings hosted on a TPS ?

What about same scenario but scheduled meetings through TMS?

Thanks in advance

OJ

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

To add to what Wayne said - this means you will record whichever segment is the active speaker at any one time (only), rather than all three screens at the same time.  You will of course get all the audio.

Did the same thing a while back with TCS + TP Server + CTS-3000 - it worked fine.

One thing I did was to add the TCS manually as an endpoint to the TP server and set its layout to speaker switched, rather than active presense, so the film strip didn't show up in the recording.

View solution in original post

I'm not familiar with the old Telepresence Recording Server, and, given it's end of sale, and almost near end of maintenance releases (24 Sept 2014), I wouldn't be recommending it in any new installation.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The TCS is effectively a Single Screen endpoint in your scenario and behaves very much the same - just that it will record what it sees.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

To add to what Wayne said - this means you will record whichever segment is the active speaker at any one time (only), rather than all three screens at the same time.  You will of course get all the audio.

Did the same thing a while back with TCS + TP Server + CTS-3000 - it worked fine.

One thing I did was to add the TCS manually as an endpoint to the TP server and set its layout to speaker switched, rather than active presense, so the film strip didn't show up in the recording.

Thanks Nick and Wayne

That clarifies things for me. 

I would think this work as you state with TMS scheduled calls also.

One more question:

Does the old Telepresence Recorder Server still an option here? I never dealt with that product but I think that was able to record all three screens.

Thanks again

I'm not familiar with the old Telepresence Recording Server, and, given it's end of sale, and almost near end of maintenance releases (24 Sept 2014), I wouldn't be recommending it in any new installation.

Wayne
--

Wayne

Thanks all again.

Wanted to mark this post as "Answered" but I don't see that button anymore. It was there before. Any clues on how to get to that option?

Thanks

Never mind. Found the "Correct Answer" button after posting my last reply.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: