Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TPServer 8710 Black Screen

HI

We are experiencing an Issue with TPserver 8710 with soft version 3.1 (1.97)

The TP blade is a single Blade installed in Slot 5 of a MSE 8000 the TPServer is registered in SIP in a VCS-C.

The TPServer is Locally Managed.

After about 4 minutes of a TP session we have note black screen refresh in the entire image of each system connected in the TP Session.

The End-Point that are connected in the session are only C-40 Codes with software release TC 7.0.2.

Does any body has an idea why black screen refresh appears?

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jose,

I would advise getting the console log output from the 8710 for the conference where you see this behavior.

How many total endpoints are connected to conferences on the TPS at the time this happens?

- Jonathan

Hi Jonathan

In the log I don't see any error.

In the conference I have the same recurrent issue with two system or several systems.

The result is after about 4 minutes the image becomes black screen and back to the normal behavior.

Strange isn't it?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Jose,

Do you mean the console log or the event log? 

The event log may have something in it but if you only checked the event log, I would advise getting the console log - you would need to connect a PC via serial connection to the TPS blade and log all of the output during the conferece and get a good timestamp in the log of when the issue occured.

- Jonathan

Hi Robb

From the RS-232 console I see an OS_Error at the time that the black screen comes. I didn't know that I could see the error from RS-232. Thanks. Do you know what does it means OS Error?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App