cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transform for VCS-C and dialing by IP

Namol
Level 1
Level 1

So I am trying to allow my CUCM integrated endpoints to dial to standalone devices.

Using this guide, I can’t read the syntax on the regular expression:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/telepresence-video-communication-server-vcs/118884-config-vcs-00.html

At the line:

Create the transform as shown here (for the @vcs.domain method)

I can’t make out the pattern string expression and I am hoping someone can help out.  I am getting CUCM to forward the call to my VCS-C, but it isn't hitting the transform as I can't get that expression right so it has no route to the host and the call fails.

TIA.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I assume you're speaking of "Option 1 - Add a Suffix to the IP Address" in the document.

Pattern String: (.*)\.(.*)\.(.*)\.(.*)@vcs.domain

Replace String: \1.\2.\3.\4

View solution in original post

28 Replies 28

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I assume you're speaking of "Option 1 - Add a Suffix to the IP Address" in the document.

Pattern String: (.*)\.(.*)\.(.*)\.(.*)@vcs.domain

Replace String: \1.\2.\3.\4

Exactly what I needed.  Thanks.

Patric,

i Have Same Setup and Configuration on CUCM and Expresway-C but when i call from IPphone registerd on CUCM to Unkoun IP on Internet like xxx*xxx*xxx*XXX then it reaches to Exp-C but not mach Transform can you help with this 

The EXP-C log files should show some clues as to what is happening if you activate the Maintenance->Diagnostics->Diagnostic Logging.

Also, in EXP-C Maintenance->Tools you should be able to test the incoming string from the CUCM trunk to see how it is handled in the transform/search rules by using the Checking the Effect of a Pattern or Locating an Alias options.

Hi Joe thanks for support 

i got successes to call public VC Device from CUCM but Can not success call Back from public IP VC Device to CUCM Device .

the even error is Call rejected for H323 Service sourec ip "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" with alias "abcd ho"  destination IP "is My Expressway E Nat IP" and response code it "address incomplete".

i have traversal zone on EXP-E with any Protocol , any alias , to route call to EXP-C

i try from many of the device but the same error for all can any one help me what to do.

You'll probably have to transform the dialed address received by the EXP-E to something recognizable by the EXP-C, replacing the EXP-E's IP address with your internal domain maybe.

Hi Joe,

dialed address Means Destination address in below Log ???

then it is my EXP-E external interface IP 

for Reference below are the Log on EXP-E 

even error is Call rejected for H323 Service source ip "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" with alias "abcd ho"  destination IP "is My Expressway E Nat IP" and response code it "address incomplete"

What is your caller dialing?  It should be dialing an 'alias'@EXP-E IP and your EXP-E transforms should be changing it to 'alias'@yourdomain.com before sending to your EXP-C where there should be routing to send the call to your CUCM where the 'alias' is registered.

my Caller receive 'alias'@<CUCM IP> when i call them from CUCM so caller calls back on same pattern and they able to see my EXP-E IP on their VC Device. 

is there any way to check what string i receive on My EXP-E so that i can have clarity.

To see what is received, you can turn on Call Detail Records and diagnostic logging, from the Admin Guide:

To configure CDRs on VCS:
1. Go to Maintenance > Logging.
2. In the Logging Options section, set the Call Detail Records field following the below guide.
CDR Mode                    Description
Off                                 CDRs are not logged locally (default).
Service Only                 CDRs are stored locally for 7 days and then deleted. The records are  not accessible via the web GUI.
Services and Logging   CDRs are stored locally for 7 days and then deleted. The records are accessible from the local event log and the external syslog server if external logging has been enabled.

The Diagnostic logging tool (Maintenance > Diagnostics > Diagnostic logging) can be used to assist in troubleshooting system issues. It allows you to generate a diagnostic log of system activity over a period of time, and then to download the log so that it can be sent to your Cisco customer support representative. You can also take and subsequently download a tcpdump while logging is in progress.
To use this tool:
1. Go to Maintenance > Diagnostics > Diagnostic logging.
2. Optionally, select Take tcpdump while logging.
3. Click Start new log.
4. (Optional) Enter some Marker text and click Add marker.

The marker facility can be used to add comment text to the log file before certain activities are performed. This helps to subsequently identify the relevant sections in the downloaded diagnostic log file.

You can add as many markers as required, at any time while the diagnostic logging is in progress.

Marker text is added to the log with a "DEBUG_MARKER" tag.
5. Reproduce the system issue you want to trace in the diagnostic log.
6. Click Stop logging.
7. Click Download log to save the diagnostic log archive to your local file system. You are prompted to save the archive (the exact wording depends on your browser).

1. add following transform in EXPE     

^(.*)@(%ipv4%|%ipv6%)(.*)      REGEX      \1@yourcucmdomain.com

2.Enable Interworking on EXPC and EXPE. 

3.your Traversal Zone should also be active for H323 and SIP.

because call back reaches your EXPE external interface and its a H323 call and CUCM is SIP Call control so EXPE or EXPC must interwork the call from h323 to sip before it reaches cucm.

i hope this will fix your issue.

HTH

AMMAR

Hi Ammar,

you Mean to said that if i use transform 

^(.*)@(%ipv4%|%ipv6%)(.*)    = destination Address Received on EXP-E external

Interface???

REGEX      \1@yourcucmdomain.com = DN@<CUCM IP/FQDN> ???

I Have Enable Inter-working and also both Protocol is active on traversal.

Please Confirm my understanding as above 

assume your domain is  =techsupport.com  and EXPE IP is 90.90.90.94.

CUCM IP = 192.168.0.20

first add Cluster Fully Qualified domain name(FQDN) and OTLD in CUCM in Enterprise parameters.

OTLD= techsupport.com

CFQDN = *.techsupport.com

after this the calling device SIP uri will be converted from  abc@192.168.0.20  to  abc@techsupport.com  which is similar to VCS and VCSE Domain.

so the remote side will see the caller as abc@techsupport.com

Now add the following transform in VCS and VCSE to convert the inbound calls on VCSE public IP address to your organization's SIP domain.(Techsupport.com)

Pattern Type=Regex

Pattern String =^(.*)@(%ipv4%|%ipv6%)(.*)

Pattern Behavior= Replace

Replace String = \1@techsupport.com

in this way   alias@90.90.90.94 will be converted to  alias@techsupport.com  and then forwarded to VCSE. 

HTH

AMMAR

Thank you Ammar,

for your Valuable revert on my problem , my one more question related to same issue is 

Do i need Domain Configuration on CUCM ????

actually I have not configured Domain in CUCM and it is in Functioning need restart so i can't Update Domain in CUCM by CLI is it need long Down time.

Please guide me for this case