Views
Helpful
Replies

Transmission difficulties C40 to MSE 8510 via H323

Justinleske
Level 1
Level 1

Good  Day

I am  currently experiencing intermittent issues between a C40 codec and my MCU. When  the unit is dialled into the bridge it does not receive any audio or video, it  does however transmit.

It  does not fail to receive audio or video when dialled via SIP (through MCU) or when dialled  directly from another endpoint via H323.

The  unit was stable until I upgraded it to TC6.2.0. I upgraded all C40s nationally  and no other issues have developed. The problem persisted after I downgrade the  system back to 6.1.2.

After  the downgrade failed I upgraded to 6.2.0 and factory reset the unit. Once reset  I performed a system restore from TMS.

The  unit has been problematic since installation. I have experienced issues whereby  the unit  failed to pick up the imbedded thermometers which caused the unit to go into a  safety mode and raise the speeds of the fans. In order to resolve the issue I  upgraded the software twice. Currently the unit is unable to go into sleep mode.  I have also found the unit freezes and needs a reboot to restore  functionality.

System  Details:

C40: TC6.2.0.20b1616

MSE  8510: 4.4 (3.42)

VCS  C/E: X7.2.2

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

Just some feedback on this for those that are interested.

This is a listed bug in 6.2x and 6.1.1

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCui47228

TC6.2 fail to send OLC ack to MCU intermittently

CSCui47228

Description

Symptom:
TC6.2 fail to send OLC ack to MCU intermittently.
Conditions:
call with MCU, intermittently do not receive video and audio from MCU
Workaround:
try reconnect the call again

Last Modified:

Sep 9,2013

Fixed

Severity:

2 Severe

Product:

Cisco Telepresence Integrator C Series

Support Cases:

Known Affected Releases:

6.2.x

Known Fixed Releases:

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Justin!

I am not aware that there is a generic issue with TC6.2/VCS X7.2.2 and MCU 4.4.

Espeically if I hear about h323 strangeness looking at the firewall is always worth the try.

Check that no Layer-3 features are enabled, they can hide on firewall, L3-ALGs but even

on routers and switches. Also that your network ports are properly open and your configuration is ok.

Do you have some more info how the call flow looks like are all on the same vcs-c or where are

the units registered?

What did you upgrade from 6.1.2? A factory default reset would have been my next suggestion.

Its always worth looking into the log files, and I am not sure if you had seen the tc6 troubleshooting

guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps11327/prod_troubleshooting_guides_list.html

If this did not help you and you did not get a better answer and you have a service contract

consider of escalating the case as a service request to Cisco Tac, you can do it directly from this case

on the right upper side of the menu.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks for the reply Martin.

I have checked with our networking technicians, there are no restrictions (ACL) on our WAN links. There is no firewall between the systems.

All of our codecs are registered to the VCS Control. The calls are non-traversal internal calls through the DefaultSubZone.

The unit was shipped with 6.0.0. I upgraded to 6.1.2 to fix the tempreture issue and then upgraded to 6.2.0 to try fix the H323 issue.

Thank you for the guide.

When I switched on H323 call flow logging (ctx h323packet debug 9.) I attemped 10 test, all of which were successfull. I then switched the logging off and attemped another 10 tests, all of which were unsuccessfull.

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

Just some feedback on this for those that are interested.

This is a listed bug in 6.2x and 6.1.1

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCui47228

TC6.2 fail to send OLC ack to MCU intermittently

CSCui47228

Description

Symptom:
TC6.2 fail to send OLC ack to MCU intermittently.
Conditions:
call with MCU, intermittently do not receive video and audio from MCU
Workaround:
try reconnect the call again

Last Modified:

Sep 9,2013

Fixed

Severity:

2 Severe

Product:

Cisco Telepresence Integrator C Series

Support Cases:

Known Affected Releases:

6.2.x

Known Fixed Releases:

Just for info TC6.2.1 and the SX6.2.1 are not released yet on the Cisco website for download.

Should you be experiencing the same issues you will need to request the software from Cisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: