cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble using Multiway on a C40 with TC7.2.1 software

juriss
Level 1
Level 1

We have a C40 running TC7.2.1 that is SIP/H323 registered to a VCS running X8.5 (No CUCM)

The system does not have Multisite, but we want to use Multiway (we have Multiway working on other endpoints)

I'm using the call control portion of the web interface and all goes well for the 1st call regardless if its a voice of video call

As soon as the 1st call is made...  I see "Max number of calls reached" in the address field  (below contacts and above the 3 tabs for Local/Dir/Recents

I get a call failed immediately and it does not show up in the call history

I tried setting the Config/Network/Services/Multiway to Auto and SIP and H323...  no luck

I know the alias that we use is good because it works for other endpoints

If I turn Config/Conference/Conf1/Multipoint mode to OFF...   I can make 1 video and 1 audio call that is standard in the software

Has anyone else seen this behavior or know what the problem is?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

AFAIK, you will not be able to initiate a multiway session from the webpage, you will have to use the touch panel/remote. 

How did you the "call failed" message? I would set the multiway protocol to whatever protocol multiway is configured for on the VCS.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Just checking that you have the Multiway alias configured under Network Services >Multiway?

And can you manually dial the multiway alias from the C40?

And is your alias in proper URI format (assuming it's SIP) e.g. something@domain.com?

Yup.... two spots in the endpoint config

Config/Conference/Conf1/Multipoint mode is set to Multiway

Config/Network/Services/Multiway is set to auto and alias is Multiway@mydomain.com

I will have someone in DC test this ASAP....

Thanks

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

AFAIK, you will not be able to initiate a multiway session from the webpage, you will have to use the touch panel/remote. 

How did you the "call failed" message? I would set the multiway protocol to whatever protocol multiway is configured for on the VCS.

Please rate useful posts.