cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to link my VCS to my TMS, but I'm getting a no https response from VCS in the TMS

willpkk01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to get my TMS to talk to my VCS, but whenever I try to get the two to talk to each other. In my TMS it says "no https response" from the VCS. I know that HTTPS is enabled in my VCS, what else could be the problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Have you defined any host name on your VCS? Is DNS able to resolve the FQDN of your VCS?

Please try the following on your TMS:

1)      RDP into the TMS server
2)      Open Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy
3)      Go to Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options > System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing.
If this is enabled, please disable it and re-test.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What versions are your TMS and VCS?

Have you checked your VCS does have the "Web interface (over HTTPS)" setting set to ON (under System Administration > Services)?  If it was previously set to "Off", have you rebooted your VCS since making the change?

Do you have valid certificates installed on each, or if you're using the default ones, do you have the client certificated based security set to "Not required"?

Are you able to connect to the VCS from the TMS server itself via a web browser using HTTPS?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

The TMS version is 14.2.2 and the VCS version is X7.2.1 and the web interface over HTTPS is set to ON and we have restarted the VCS multiple times.

We can hit the VCS web interface using HTTPS from a workstation and we are using the default certificates on there.

Where would I set those settings to not required?

Have you defined any host name on your VCS? Is DNS able to resolve the FQDN of your VCS?

Please try the following on your TMS:

1)      RDP into the TMS server
2)      Open Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy
3)      Go to Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options > System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing.
If this is enabled, please disable it and re-test.

Sir,

Thank you for the response. Let me talk to my systems administrator to see if I can access the TMS from his console.

You can also check the inbound ports on your VCS by going to Maintenance > Tools > Port Usage > Local inbound ports if the HTTPS is in there.

Also since TMS is on a Windows Machine, you can try to telnet 443 from TMS to VCS if it is open.

Michael

On the inbound ports of the VCS I see that in a row where it says:

Administrator / HTTPS / 443 / TCP / Not Configurable

and When I try to telnet into the VCS I get the initial login screen with the banner and it gives me a permission denied when I login.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you tell us more about your environment, how TMS is deployed as well as the VCS?  As well as the software version TMS and VCS is running?

If you log into the VCS and check under System > External Manager, what do you see?

So our TMS is a virtual server located in the server room and the VCS is located beneath those servers. The TMS software is 14.2.2 and the VCS is X7.2.1.

When I log into the VCS external manager I see this:

Address: ______ - Our IP

Path: tms/public/external/management/systemmanagement/service.asmx

Protocol: HTTP

Certificate Verification Mode: On

Now when I try to switch the protocol to HTTPS, I no longer get a success at the bottom of the interface.

willpkk01
Level 1
Level 1

THANK YOU! MY TMS SEES MY VCS. I talked to my Sys ad and I told him what you said and that's what resolved it. But I still cannot get provisioning to properly sync up. When I click on my VCS and under the provisioning tab it keeps says "certificate not valid error" What would this mean? I WOULD HAVE GIVEN you 5 stars, but I accidentally clicked 4...sorry..I'll give you 5 next time!!