cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to remotely connect to a WebEx Room 55 by IP and receive a LogPackage.zip file

jtreyes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community!

I'm just looking for advice/direction on an odd issue I'm running into with a Cisco WebEx Room 55.  I'm starting the process of registering the WebEx Room 55 (SPARK-BOARD55) in CUCM and made sure the device wasn't already registered (ie. MAC address/serial number).  Then, I will add the device to TMS via the "Add from Unified CM" option. 

Now, I do not know the history of this device as it's located in another city but I'm waiting for some answers.  In the meantime, when I remotely enter the IP address in my browser, automatically I receive a download of a "LogPackage.zip" file and I'm unable to load the user interface of the device.

I extracted the "LogPackage.zip" file and I see three folders "camera", "components" and "main".  Is there a specific folder and file(s) I should be analyzing? I'm new to the WebEx Room 55 (SPARK-BOARD55) so looking for some guidance to get this device up and running.  Do you recommend a factory reset of the device and go from there?

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If your device is a SPARK-BOARD55, then it's a Webex Board 55, not a Webex Room 55 (CS-ROOM55-K9).   The Webex Board can only be registered to the Cisco Webex Cloud, it cannot be registered on-prem as a CUCM endpoint.

This is mentioned in the "Cisco Webex Board platform support" section of the Webex Board Data Sheet, where under "Platforms Supported", it says "Requires activation and connection to Cisco Webex in the cloud", but, the Room55 says "built for both cloud and on-premises deployment".

If you are trying to register the SPARK-BOARD55 to anything other than the Cisco Webex Cloud, it will not work.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you Wayne.

battagls
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have the same problem. In addition, I cannot register it on Webex due to "network problems". In the network settings the DNS are unchecked. Actually, the network and DNS work correctly: I have other devices on the same network that are correctly registered on webex. I have tried connecting the device on other networks (even a public network) but the result is always the same. Do you have any suggestions?