Views
Helpful
Replies

Turning off Call Rate settings in MX 300

nchandran
Level 5
Level 5

Hello all,

We have recently purchased a few Cisco MX300 G2 endpoints (registered to VCS). The endpoints are running TC7.3.4.e4daf54 software version. The question I have is in regards to turning off the 'Call Rate' settings from the user interface while dialing . I have looked all over an am unable to find an answer to this. I basically want to lock it down without giving the user an option to change Call rates etc.

Any one have any ideas/help!?

Thanks all

Navin

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can only set the default call rate that new calls will use, it's not possible to lock the call rate to a specific setting and prevent it from being changeable if the user wants to.

If this is a feature you'd like to have, suggest you contact your Account Manager, they can create a feature request for you.

View solution in original post

Randy Valverde Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The option itself cannot be removed but can be limited, you can set the "MaxTransmitCallRate" to the highest you want to allow them to use. this setting is only configurable by an administrator so you would have to give them user accounts and set this to the maximum you want to allow them to use.

When doing this, even if going to dial on the touch panel and trying to manually set the call rate, I will only allow to select the rate configured under "MaxTransmitCallRate" or lower.

As Patrick stated, if you are specifically looking to get that option removed, you will have to reach out to your account manager and have a product enhancement request filed.

Keep in mind I tested the above on a different version and a later version of TC software so it might change depending on your software version but TC behaves mostly the same across endpoints.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can only set the default call rate that new calls will use, it's not possible to lock the call rate to a specific setting and prevent it from being changeable if the user wants to.

If this is a feature you'd like to have, suggest you contact your Account Manager, they can create a feature request for you.

Randy Valverde Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The option itself cannot be removed but can be limited, you can set the "MaxTransmitCallRate" to the highest you want to allow them to use. this setting is only configurable by an administrator so you would have to give them user accounts and set this to the maximum you want to allow them to use.

When doing this, even if going to dial on the touch panel and trying to manually set the call rate, I will only allow to select the rate configured under "MaxTransmitCallRate" or lower.

As Patrick stated, if you are specifically looking to get that option removed, you will have to reach out to your account manager and have a product enhancement request filed.

Keep in mind I tested the above on a different version and a later version of TC software so it might change depending on your software version but TC behaves mostly the same across endpoints.

Hi Patrick / Randy,

Thanks for your responses. I am aware of how to limit the max transmit on the call from the admin pages however my main concern was with the minimum call rate - Audio. I don't think this can be turned off ?. Either ways I guess you both have answered my question

Thanks

Navin

Understood, unfortunately there isn't a minimum call rate limit, the setting was designed to avoid overloading the network so there hasn't really been a need to have a minimum limit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: