Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to add endpoint SX20 to TMS via "Add from Unified CM or TMS"

jtreyes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

For the life of me, I am unable to add an SX20 endpoint to TMS via the "Add from Unified CM or TMS" tab.  Using an SX20 BAT template in CUCM, I created the device profile and associated DN.  When I go into TMS > Systems > Navigator > "folder name" > click "Add Systems" > "Add from Unified CM or TMS", I do not see the registered endpoint listed???

Some background, this SX20 endpoint was previously registered in CUCM and TMS under a different name which I had purged in TMS and also deleted the profile in CUCM under Device > Phone.  I also performed a factory reset via the web UI on the endpoint.  That's it.

Am I missing something here? Did I miss a step in CUCM or TMS?  Is this related to the CTL/ITL security cert on the endpoint?

Thank you for your help!

4 Replies 4

JJ77
Level 1
Level 1

Preparing the Unified CM

Activate these services on the Unified CM node(s) you want to add to Cisco TMS before you start:

• Cisco AXL Web Service on the Unified CM node.
  • Cisco RIS Data Collector on the Unified CM Publisher node.
  • Cisco CTIManager must be active on at least one of the nodes inside the Unified CM cluster.

Note: Cisco TMS uses JSessionID in CUCM AXL and RIS API request to align with the CUCM.

JSessionID allows CUCM clients to use a single session for making multiple AXL and RIS requests.

See Cisco Unified Serviceability Configuration Guide for instructions on service activation.

Follow this procedure in Unified CM:

1. Create an application user for Cisco TMS following the steps described in . Make sure to:
    • Save the credentials for the Cisco TMS initialization procedure that follows.
    • Assign all the rooms that you plan to use to the application user you create.
    • Assign all telepresence units to this user profile. The MAC Address of each unit and shared phone must be added to the user profile. Adding an IP phone associated with the CTS to the application user is not necessary.
    • Add the "Standard CTI Secure Connection" group to the application user to secure Cisco TMS. (This step is optional.)
  2. Create a user group in Unified CM for Cisco TMS.
  3. Assign the following roles to this user group:
    • Standard AXL API Access
    • Standard CTI Enabled
    • Standard SERVICEABILITY
    • Standard CCM Admin Users
    • Standard RealtimeAndTraceCollection
  4. Add the above application user to the newly created user group.

Adding Unified CM

Add Unified CM following the steps in Adding Systems.

Preparing to Add Endpoints

Cisco TMS support for Unified CM-registered systems relies on a special identifier for each system type being present in Cisco TMS. Identifiers for new endpoints will not be immediately available in Cisco TMS due to diverging release cycles. An updated list of supported systems is available on the Extended Settings tab for Unified CM in Navigator.

You can verify that your systems are supported as follows:

1. Go to Systems > Navigator and locate the Unified CM you just added.
  2. Go to Settings > Extended Settings.
  3. Make sure that all the endpoints you want to add are on the list of supported system types displayed on this tab.

For more information on how Unified CM-registered systems are supported in Cisco TMS, see How Endpoints are Managed by Cisco TMS.

CTS and TX Endpoints

The endpoints must already have been added to the Unified CM and configured with the same Directory Number as their associated phones as detailed in Cisco Unified Communication Manager Configuration Guide for the Cisco TelePresence System.

To prepare the systems, follow the steps below in Unified CM:

1. For each endpoint:
    1. Go to Device > Phone and click the endpoint's device name.
    2. Assign the same DN (Directory Number) as the IP phone that is associated with this endpoint.
    3. At the bottom of the Device Information section, select Allow Control of Device from CTI.
    4. In the Product Specific Configuration Layout section, enter a dummy email address in the Room Name field.

This is a mandatory item but any email address can be used.

5. In the Directory Number Information section of Directory Number Configuration, select Allow Control of Device from CTI.
    6. Set the field SSH AdminLife to 0 to prevent the command-line interface password from expiring.

Cisco TMS uses this password to set up calls.

2. For each IP phone device that is associated to a telepresence device, select Allow Control of Device from CTI at the bottom of the Device Information section.

Endpoints Running Collaboration Endpoint Software, TE, and TC Software

Endpoints running Collaboration Endpoint Software, TE, and TC software must already have been added to the Unified CM as detailed in the Configuration guide for your version of Unified CM in http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-system-ex-series/products-maintenance-guides-list.html.

If an endpoint has previously been managed by Cisco TMS, see Changing Management Modes.

For each endpoint follow these steps in Unified CM:

1. Go to Device > Phone and search for the device name corresponding to the telepresence endpoint.
  2. At the bottom of the Product Specific Configuration Layout section, ensure that Web Access and SSH Access are set to Enabled.

To change the username for endpoints, follow these steps:

1. On the end point, add a username and password and change the password for the "admin" username.
  2. Go to TMS web interface > Systems > Navigator > Find endpoint > Settings.
  3. Click Force Refresh.
  4. Type a new username and password .
  5. Click Save.

Jeremy Pringle
Level 4
Level 4

I know this post is kind of old but did you ever find the solution to this problem?

I am having the same issue.  Has a system in TMS that was out of sync with the system in CUCM so I deleted/purged it.

Now when I try to re-add it from the CUCM registered devices, it does not show up in the list of available units.  But it was definitely purged in TMS.  In fact when I look at the CUCM in TMS and go to the Managed system tab, I see the unit and it specifically states it is not in TMS (TN_MEMPH - Xxxxxxxxxx MX300 (System not in TMS))

mgweisberg
Level 1
Level 1

Having the same issue, started only recently after our CUCM was upgraded to v14. The endpoint shows up in TMS with a Wrong Provisioning Mode error. If I purge it and try to add it from the Add Device from Unified CM or TMS tab, it does not show up. Eventually it appears again with the Wrong Provisioning Mode error.

My issue was due to trying to add a Room Kit EQ, while running TMS 15.13.0 - EQ device support requires TMS 15.13.5 or better.