Helpful
Replies

unable to configure VCS-e

Jayant Kohli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

I am unable to configure VCS-E 7.1 deployed on a VM usning the following doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Basic_Configuration_Cisco_VCS_Control_with_Cisco_VCS_Expressway_Deployment_Guide_X7-1.pdf

In step 8, where it talks about traversal zone, while configuring Cisco VCS-E, it mentione "select Traversal Server" and i dont see any option in the drop down menu.

the screenshot is attached. The licenses on VCS is uploaded with LIC-VCSE-100 option key.

Please advise how to proceed further.

Rgds.

J

5 Replies 5

Mike Assel
Level 4
Level 4

Out of curiosity, does it say "Cisco TelePresence Video Communications Server Expressway" at the top of the GUI?

Nope, it says VCS-Control so does it mean its missing a key.Is it R-VMVCS-EXPWY-K9?

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Look under Status/Overview and check if "Expressway" option key is installed.

Should look something like this:

Options

0 Non Traversal Calls, 40 Traversal Calls, 2500 Registrations, 70 TURN Relays, Expressway, Encryption, Interworking.

/jens      

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

It doesnt show even after uploading LIC-VCSE-100 key. Looks like i need another key R-VMVCS-EXPWY-K9.Is it?

LIC-VCSE-100 is the key for 100 traversal calls, the first part of the option key will end Y100. For this to be a VCS Expressway you need the key that the first part ends T00.

VCS Control and VCS Expressway can both make traversal calls - take the media, for a number of different reasons. But Traversal Server (and TURN) functionality is only available on VCS Expressway, not VCS Control.