Helpful
Replies

unable to configure VCS-e

Jayant Kohli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

I am unable to configure VCS-E 7.1 deployed on a VM usning the following doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Basic_Configuration_Cisco_VCS_Control_with_Cisco_VCS_Expressway_Deployment_Guide_X7-1.pdf

In step 8, where it talks about traversal zone, while configuring Cisco VCS-E, it mentione "select Traversal Server" and i dont see any option in the drop down menu.

the screenshot is attached. The licenses on VCS is uploaded with LIC-VCSE-100 option key.

Please advise how to proceed further.

Rgds.

J

5 Replies 5

Mike Assel
Level 4
Level 4

Out of curiosity, does it say "Cisco TelePresence Video Communications Server Expressway" at the top of the GUI?

Nope, it says VCS-Control so does it mean its missing a key.Is it R-VMVCS-EXPWY-K9?

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Look under Status/Overview and check if "Expressway" option key is installed.

Should look something like this:

Options

0 Non Traversal Calls, 40 Traversal Calls, 2500 Registrations, 70 TURN Relays, Expressway, Encryption, Interworking.

/jens      

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

It doesnt show even after uploading LIC-VCSE-100 key. Looks like i need another key R-VMVCS-EXPWY-K9.Is it?

LIC-VCSE-100 is the key for 100 traversal calls, the first part of the option key will end Y100. For this to be a VCS Expressway you need the key that the first part ends T00.

VCS Control and VCS Expressway can both make traversal calls - take the media, for a number of different reasons. But Traversal Server (and TURN) functionality is only available on VCS Expressway, not VCS Control.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: