Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to make a video call

gatta
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an Mx700 connected to the internet by public IP address, I can make video calls to several countries except to Morocco,

they have an alias (7010@xxxx.xx) instead of an IP address

Can you help me

4 Replies 4

prlux2012
Level 1
Level 1

You should be able to dial the alias.

Check the domain resolution or try to use alias@ip.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It will depend on what the other end is, and what call protocol it supports.

Your standalone MX700 would be using H.323 as a call control protocol.  If the other end also supports H.323 then that will work, but if the other end is SIP only, then you will have issues and need to have something in the middle that can do the protocol Interworking.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I think you should be able to choose the protocol using the CLI commands. You can choose the protocol with this command : xCommand Dial Number: "12345" Protocol: SIP

@prlux2012 wrote:
I think you should be able to choose the protocol using the CLI commands. You can choose the protocol with this command : xCommand Dial Number: "12345" Protocol: SIP

You can, you can also change the call type using the user interface when making a call, but that will only work if the endpoint has been configured to use that call protocol.   Given the original poster has said that the endpoint was configured as a standalone endpoint, it's most likely configured as an H.323 only device so won't support making a SIP call.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: