Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to pull certain codecs (MXP or C-Series) into TMS or access through web

Brandon.Oxton
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I am running TMS 13.2.1. I have several codecs, both MXP (some running 8.0, some running 9.1.2) and C-Series (running 5.1.3) that I am unable to add to TMS. I am also unable to access them through the web interface. I can telnet into them, with full functionality on the MXPs but with limited functionality on the C-Series units.

When I try to access these units through the web, they just hang and hang until eventually failing.

When trying to add them to TMS, I pre-register them through IP. When we try to do a force refresh to add them in, it says:

Checking connection status for system NAME

Checking system identifiers

It sees the device, and gives me limited information (name, E.164 alias), but it won't fully pull it into TMS. These devices are configured the exact same way as the rest of our devices.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Brandon,

The first thing which comes to my mind is that it is possible that your C series are registered with the CUCM. If that's the case, there is an option on the CUCM which disables the Web Interface on the codec. You should first check if your endpoints are not registered to the CUCM.

Second thing, you can check is the open sessions on the codec. You can run the following command on the C series codecs:

systemtools network netstat

Here's the output from the codec. Here you need to check if the port 80 is open and the State is Listen

Proto Local address                     Remote address                  State

udp   :::51937                        :::0

udp   :::123                            :::0

udp   0.0.0.0:1719                       0.0.0.0:0

udp   0.0.0.0:46256                     0.0.0.0:0

udp   0.0.0.0:57007                     0.0.0.0:0

udp   0.0.0.0:161                         0.0.0.0:0

udp   0.0.0.0:123                         0.0.0.0:0

tcp   :::443                            :::0                            LISTEN

tcp   :::22                             :::0                            LISTEN

tcp   :::60468                          :::0                            LISTEN

tcp   :::80                             :::0                            LISTEN

tcp   :::4044                           :::0                            LISTEN

tcp   :::4043                           :::0                            LISTEN

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

adimchev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Brandon,

apprently the web traffic to these is blocked somehow, it could be firewall of web proxy.

Are these in separated subnet? What is different with them compare to the ones you have web access to ?

Try to map their position and check if they are behind a firewall.

Also - are you using web proxy in your network to filter the web traffic? Can you access  and check the setting for this proxy (ISA perhaps), Have you configured TMS to work with proxy settings , if any , of course.

One more thing - I am not sure I understood this: "  I can telnet into them, with full functionality on the MXPs but with limited functionality on the C-Series units." What do you mean by that?

Regards//Andrey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: