cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to register SX80 to Webex Control hub - 'The activation service requires an encryption option key'

Knowlesy14
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to register a SX80 via the Webex Control Hub (admin.webex.com). (Add device, generate 16-digit activation code). However, when I go to enter the activation code I get the error 'The activation service requires an encryption option key'.

Accessing the device via a webgui I see no option keys are installed. This device was previously registered to the Webex cloud but had to be factory-reset. Does a factory reset remove the option keys?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Go to this site, there are instructions on how to check your device status, if there are any option keys missing you should be able to see them there. so you can add them back to the codec. 

https://cway.cisco.com/docs/SNChecker/1.6.0/coverage-checker-checking-status/coverage-checker-checking-status.htm

View solution in original post

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A full factory reset removes any of the installed option keys.  You will need to add your key back.  If you don't have a record of what it is, you should be able to get the keys again via the Cisco Licencing Portal. From there, if you select the "Get Licences" drop down then "TelePresence Licence to Resend" option in the menu, and put in your endpoint's serial number, you will be shown (and optionally emailed) all the licence keys for your device.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Go to this site, there are instructions on how to check your device status, if there are any option keys missing you should be able to see them there. so you can add them back to the codec. 

https://cway.cisco.com/docs/SNChecker/1.6.0/coverage-checker-checking-status/coverage-checker-checking-status.htm

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A full factory reset removes any of the installed option keys.  You will need to add your key back.  If you don't have a record of what it is, you should be able to get the keys again via the Cisco Licencing Portal. From there, if you select the "Get Licences" drop down then "TelePresence Licence to Resend" option in the menu, and put in your endpoint's serial number, you will be shown (and optionally emailed) all the licence keys for your device.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

hi Wayne,

now that the Cisco website has been totally restructured, the steps you shared is no longer working. might you be able to share the latest way to get to the same functionality, i.e. "TelePresence License to Resend"?

thanks much in advance,

-chuck

Go to https://software.cisco.com/software/swift/lrp/#/pak
Wayne

arprieto@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How did you solve it?

I have the same issue with SX10 Codec registred to the Control Hub.

Looks like it is stucked in the control hub, I delete the device but still asking for the code.

kahcun.chengKLS
Level 1
Level 1

Factory reset does not clear your option key.

Your hit this error due to you are using CENC firmware. 

Change to CE firmware will solve the issue