Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to share my laptop with a cable on Room Kit

bruno zenkri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone!

I've got a strange issue on a webex room kit: when I connect laptops on the Cisco HDMI cable, the touch10 panel don't find the laptop. The HDMI input is set to laptop, on 1080p60. The cable is OK (I test it)), and when I connect a laptop, the second screen is recognized as CS-KIT...

Have you ever heard of this issue, and do you know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Regards,

Bruno

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

The HDMI cable that comes with the system is directional - do you have it hooked up correctly? Take a look at each end, one end says "Cisco" on it, the other does not. The laptop needs to be on the Cisco end, the other end in the codec, or it will not work. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You don't mention what software release you are running on your device.  Have you updated to the latest software release?

You also don't mention what your "laptop" device is, nor what sort of content you are trying to display.   There are issues with some devices which try to mark what they are displaying as HDCP content, and the codec will correctly disable the input when it detects HDCP content.

Currently the only endpoint that will display HDCP content locally is the Room55.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi,

The room kit runs under CE9.1 software. I tried with different laptops: native HDMI and Displayport with an adaptator.

I use an HDMI cable provided by Cisco.

Is there a way to disable HDCP on laptop?

Thanks,

Regards

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

The HDMI cable that comes with the system is directional - do you have it hooked up correctly? Take a look at each end, one end says "Cisco" on it, the other does not. The laptop needs to be on the Cisco end, the other end in the codec, or it will not work. 

Hi,

I didn't check this point... I will do it on site. Thanks!

Regards

Bruno.

Spoiler

Hi there!

Effectively, the HDMI cable was hooked in the wrong way...

Thanks for the support!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: