MG.
Level 1
Level 1
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

You don't mention which software revision your TCS is running, so unless it is something really old then you can create a template with audio only, then create a recording alias using that template.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

In my example above, the audio recording is available both on-demand and for download - there is no video component.

You can have a mix of video and audio formats in the same template if required, see the below example;

Note the summary at the bottom of the above graphic which tells you which formats you now have for "on-demand" and download.

I strongly recommend reading the admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/tcs/5_3/administration/guide/tcs.pdf

/jens      

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

You don't mention which software revision your TCS is running, so unless it is something really old then you can create a template with audio only, then create a recording alias using that template.

/jens

hi jens,

thank you very much for your response!

The TCS is on version 5.3.

But do I understand this correctly, the TCS will record both (AV) but the 'video on demand' will also be available as audio only - right? So it would be possible for an admin to access the full audio and video version, right?

Thank you again & greetings from Germany,

Mounir

In my example above, the audio recording is available both on-demand and for download - there is no video component.

You can have a mix of video and audio formats in the same template if required, see the below example;

Note the summary at the bottom of the above graphic which tells you which formats you now have for "on-demand" and download.

I strongly recommend reading the admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/tcs/5_3/administration/guide/tcs.pdf

/jens      

jeeeeeens!

thank you very much

tried it...it worked...thank you

He-he-he

Thanks for letting us know how you went.

cheers jens

Jens: I just tested something, if I dial in to the content server s5.3 via a sip phone (no video capabilities, interworked on vcs). I see that the call is up (on the vcs as well as on the tcs), but it I disconnect the call is gone.

Maybe thats a bug.

Mounir: could you please rate Jens Answer and mark this thread to answered, thx.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hmmm, interesting. I'll give it a try when back at work - I'm off to Cisco Live 2013 in Melbourne Monday morning.

/jens

Hi Martin!

We are running into the same issue using TCS S6.2.

SIP 79xx -> SIP -> CUCM 10.5.2 -> SIP -> VCS 8.5.3 -> H.323 > TCS 6.2

Somehow the call arrives at TCS as a video call, which the TCS doesn't seem to like and disconnects after 2 minutes:

TCS logfile: Info: Ending call, Expected video but never received any

Did you ever manage to fix this issue?