cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unsecured Active Control for Jabber for Windows through MRA via Expressway v12.5.4

brown3wab
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded our Expressway C and E clusters from 12.5 to 12.5.5.  When reading the release notes, one of the new features we received (in 12.5.4) is the MRA: Support for Encrypted iX (for Active Control)

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/release_note/Cisco-Expressway-Release-Note-X12-5-5.pdf

"MRA: Support for Encrypted iX (for ActiveControl)

ActiveControl over MRA is already supported with encrypted phone profiles. This feature will allow MRA video endpoints and Jabber clients with non-secure phone security profiles to negotiate ActiveControl so that users can see roster lists, layouts, and other iX-dependent ActiveControl features in video meetings. There are no configuration or interface changes for this feature. However, you may need to rediscover your Cisco Unified Communications Manager servers after you upgrade the Expressway."

We are on CUCM v11.5(1)SU6.  WE don’t use encrypted phone profiles so we don’t have ActiveControl in our non-MRA environment currently. After the Expressway upgrade to 12.5.5, I rediscovered the Call Manager cluster with Expressway and tested over MRA Jabber for Windows (v12.6.2), however I am not seeing contact lists or any Active Control features.  I’ve also made sure the “Allow iX Application Media” and “Allow Presentation Sharing using BFCP” options are enabled on the SIP profile for the J4W CSF config. Is it possible this is only a feature available in CUCM 11.5 or only 12.5?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

brown3wab
Level 1
Level 1
Functionality not available until CUCM 12.5

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

brown3wab
Level 1
Level 1
Functionality not available until CUCM 12.5

My active control over over MRA is not working yet. Though it is working internally.

Below are the version details:

Cucm & ImP ver is 12.5SU2

Expressway ver is 12.5.4

CMS VER is 2.8.2 

Jabber for windows ver is 12.8.2

So when enabling SRTP on cucm to cms trunk on call manager it gives me error saying " update failed : UCM cluster is not licensed with Export control Functionality hence sip trunk cannot have SRTP allowed with encrypted/authenticated SIP trunk security"

Also TAC engineer confirmed earlier that cucm can be in non secure mode is ok for active control to work over MRA.

Currently my cucm is running in evaluation mode on 12.5SU2 version and I want to test this feature of active control over MRA when dialing into cms space.

Can I test the same without doing smart licensing and enabling mixed mode?

Is there any way out?