Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating UK Numbering Plan on CM 4.1

steveaudus
Level 1
Level 1

We have an unsupported call manager system 4.1

We presently can not dial externally to 074 mobile numbers.

I have been looking into this,
it looks like I need to update our Dial Plan, but without a Cisco Partner or Support contract
I can't download to dp-ffr-1-1-18.GB.exe file.

I have found the GBNP file, which contains the 0+7[57-9]xx+xxxxxxx line in it,

could I just change this to 0+7[47-9]xx+xxxxxxx and restart the server?

Any advice would be great,

Thank you in advance.

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I don't think so - there are also elements in the DB that might require updating. No harm in trying though, I suppose.

The standard glossing over procedure would be to simply add normal route patterns e.g. 9.074xxxxxxxx  and route them the same direction as your 9.@/Mobile route pattern. It can be messy if you have a complex system though...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Sorry Aaron,

What is DB?

Do you know which services I'll need to restart to restart CM?

I'll have to look at the route patterns, never heard of these.

Hi

DB is database.

Service would be CallManager.

If you've never heard of route patterns, you almost definately should not be trying any of this.

At least, not before doing a lot more reading than you have done :-)

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

g1smdvoip
Level 3
Level 3

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/idp/504_423/deploy/dpDlPlns.html#wp1042295

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/idp/504_423/deploy/dpDlPlns.pdf

There's some errors in the above documents and the data is several years out of date.

Table 4-8     Tag Descriptions for GBNP

LOCALRATE-ACCESS

This tag specifies the three-digit access codes, 844 or 845, for national services that are charged at local rates.

There are also 842 and 843 to consider.

Additionally these are not "local" rate. They are "special rate" or "business rate".

845 is a different type of number to the other 84X ranges.

Note: In the other Cisco UK Numbering Plan document, this is referred to as: LOCAL-RATE-ACCESS with two hyphens.

PAGING-SUBSCRIBER

This tag specifies the code that is used to dial pager numbers.

This tag should be the subscriber part of the pager number. Pagers use 76 + eight digits.

CORPORATE-NUMBER

This tag specifies the 10-digit corporate numbers that begin with 55 and 58.

No numbers begin with 58. Only 55 is in use.

FREEPHONE-NUMBER

This tag specifies the 9- or 10-digit freephone numbers that begin with 800, 808, and 500.

800 numbers can have either 9 or 10 digits.

808 numbers always have 10 digits.

500 numbers always have 9 digits.

SUBSCRIBER

This tag specifies the five-, six-, seven-, or eight-digit subscriber numbers.

Subscriber numbers are FOUR or five digits long in the 16977 area code.

LOCALRATE-SUBSCRIBER This tag specifies the seven-digit local rate subscriber number.

Note: In the other Cisco UK Numbering Plan document, this is referred to as: LOCAL-RATE-SUBSCRIBER with two hyphens.

PAGING-ACCESS

This tag specifies the four-digit paging service access code. 76XX represents this code.

Pager numbers begin 76xx but do NOT begin 7624.

MOBILE-ACCESS

This tag specifies the four-digit mobile access codes, which are 77XX, 78XX, or 79XX.

74XX, 75XX and 7624 are also in use. 7624 is used in the Isle of Man.

It is assumed that 73XX, 72XX and 71XX will also be used for mobile eventually.

NATIONALRATE-ACCESS

This tag specifies the three-digit national rate access code that begins with 870 or 871.

There are also 872 and 873 to consider.

Additionally these are not "national" rate. They are "special rate" or "business rate".

870 is a different type of number to other 87X ranges.

87X numbers other than 870 are regulated under the same rules as 90X and 91X premium rate numbers.

Note: In the other Cisco UK Numbering Plan document, this is referred to as: NATIONAL-RATE-ACCESS with two hyphens.

NATIONALRATE-SUBSCRIBER

This tag specifies the six-digit national rate service number.

If this is the tag used in conjunction with 87X area codes, then the subscriber number is SEVEN digits long.

Note: In the other Cisco UK Numbering Plan document, this is referred to as: NATIONAL-RATE-SUBSCRIBER with two hyphens.

VOIP-NUMBER

This tag specifies the broadband voice over IP number.

These numbers begin 56 and are ten digits long.

Missing tag:

LOCAL-4-DIGIT

This tag specifies the four-digit local numbers.

Four digit local numbers are used in the 16977 area code.

Missing tag:

NATIONAL-HELPLINES

This tag specifies the national helplines number. 116XXX represents this number.

These new numbers came into service in 2009 or 2010.

Missing tag:

UK-WIDE-ACCESS This tag specifies the three-digit access codes, 30X, 33X, 34X or 37X, for UK-WIDE numbers.

These new number ranges came into service around 2008 or so.

Missing tag:

UK-WIDE-SUBSCRIBER This tag specifies the seven-digit UK-WIDE subscriber number.

These new number ranges came into service around 2008 or so.

I have found the GBNP file, which contains the 0+7[57-9]xx+xxxxxxx line in it,

could I just change this to 0+7[47-9]xx+xxxxxxx and restart the server?

Those two examples have one too many digits. Mobiles use 0+4+6 format.

Additionally, your code would stop 075 numbers working. You would need 0+7[45789]xx+xxxxxx here.

Even then, you're still blocking calls to mobile phones in the 07624 range in the Isle of Man.

g1smdvoip
Level 3
Level 3

It took the best part of a year since initially raising this with  another team, but finally the GB number plan documentation was updated a  few days ago.

The new version resides at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/idp/901/deploy/dpDlPlns.html#wp1042295

This now more accurately describes the current situation in GB.

There are still some minor issues  concerning the fact that various GB non-geographic numbers tagged as  "national rate" and "local rate" are not actually charged in that manner. These are now "special rate", "business rate" or some such other designation.

Although the documentation was largely fixed (apart from a minor error in the premium rate details) several months ago, those changes haven't made it into the software. The GBNP file at version 18 still has a large number of errors, some of which date back to 2003 or earlier.