cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade a CTS-1100 to a 1300 tried before?

dannymget
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Does anybody ever tried to upgrade a CTS-1100 to a 1300?
Since both systems are exactly the same except the camera cluster, aux unit and some mikes, this should be possible.

Officially, there is no SKU or partlist. But why should we move out a 1100 just to move later the excact same unit in again?

Would be interested about some feedback.

Rgds

Danny

4 Replies 4

hdewulf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Danny,

From CCO info :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps8329/ps8330/ps10521/q_a_c67-555839.html

Q. Can I upgrade the Cisco TelePresence System 1100 endpoint to a Cisco TelePresence System 1300-65?
A. No, we do not offer an upgrade option to convert the Cisco TelePresence System 1100 to a Cisco TelePresence System 1300-65.

-Hans

Hi Hans.

Thanks very much. That I heard as well from PDI, but one can order all the necessary spare parts separately to do the job.

It's not cheap, but might be cheaper than fork-lifting a unit in and out of the same room.It would be a costly experiment wiihtout some assurance.

Rgds

Danny

Well, I was checking the same thing, and to refer back to the CCO link referred to above, actually in the question before the one quoted above, Cisco is saying upgrading a CTS-1100 to a CTS-1300 IS possible ..... ?!

Q. What are the primary differences between the Cisco TelePresence System 1100 and the Cisco TelePresence System 1000?

A. The Cisco TelePresence System 1100 is ready for all types of meetings  and offers upgradability. It has built-in support for audio  conferencing, Cisco Digital Media Player for digital signage, and local  data display Also, you can upgrade the Cisco TelePresence System 1100 to  a Cisco TelePresence System 1300-65.

.. and in the question following, it 's stated it is not possible ?!

What do we make out of this ?  Can it be upgraded yes or no, and what does it take ?  Any real life experiences ?

thanks,

Bart

You are right.

I expect that in earlier times, this was indeed an option they thought about it. But then the marketing guys came... :-)

So right below they negate it already.

Ask your AM, you will hear the same as in my earlier post.

Happy to hear good news in case you have received other info.