Helpful
Replies

upgrade CTS firmware

Bo Bo Aung
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

We installed TX 1310 65 for customer.

But unit was shipped with the wrong firmware, it indicated Cisco TelePresence 500-32.

CUCM is managed by overseas.

Can system unit  be registered to CUCM with wrong firmware and download correct firmware from CUCM

May I know what would be the configuration steps? I hope someone can help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

when you boot endpoint, via TFTP it always check whether there is new version of software available on CUCM. so if you believe the software is on the endpoint is wrong, do a factory reset and configure the TFTP server on it and make sure you have the correct software available on CUCM, the endpoint will download and install it from there.

Tyler Wilkin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bo,

When CTS-CODEC-PRI-G2R= codecs ship from the factory, they show up as CTS-500-32s. Similarly, a CTS codec will "think" it's a CTS-1000 before it downloads the config from CUCM. This is because the CUCM configuration lets a codec know what kind of endpoint it actually is.

When you register/upgrade this codec, it will begin to show up as a TX-1300. The firmware for both endpoints is identical, so it's not a firmware issue, it's just the way new endpoints show up before they have their configuration.

An easy guide to upgrading the software is here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-25083

Tyler Wilkin

TAC TelePresence

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: