Views
Helpful
Replies

UPGRADE CTS3010 TO TX9000

alberto.orden
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

Our customer wants to upgrade the TelePresence 3010 to TX9000 and has bought the kit.

I don´t see in Cisco the documentation for this kit or upgrade.

Needs some help.

Best regards,

Alberto

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alberto,

I confirmed with the BU that there's no CTS 3000 -> TX 9000 upgrade. The CTS-TX9K-DEV-KIT is for lab testing so you don't need a chassis and full set of displays. You might need to speak with your sales people if they were buying that to upgrade a production room, since that's not the intended purpose. Unsure if this is a custom solution of some kind.

- Tyler

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Tyler Wilkin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alberto,

Do you know what kit exactly your customer bought? I know we don't have a CTS-1300 -> TX-1300 kit and wouldn't think we have a CTS-3010 -> TX-9000 kit. At least it's not in the hardware options/upgrade guide. Just about the only similarity between the two rooms is the 65" displays. They have different codecs, LAEB, LCU, furniture, and input devices.

- Tyler

Paula Talamo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Alberto,

There is no upgrade kit to change a CTS 3010 to a TX9000 as that is an entirely new system - I recommend you verify what that upgrade kit is actually for.  Additional info on the TX9000 can be referenced here.  Under Brochures is a link to the Product Catalog.

Thank you,

Paula

Thanks for the answers.

But yes, there is a kit for this upgrade (CTS3010 --> TX9000)

El part number es:

CTS-TX9K-DEV-KIT

Best regards,

Alberto

Alberto,

I confirmed with the BU that there's no CTS 3000 -> TX 9000 upgrade. The CTS-TX9K-DEV-KIT is for lab testing so you don't need a chassis and full set of displays. You might need to speak with your sales people if they were buying that to upgrade a production room, since that's not the intended purpose. Unsure if this is a custom solution of some kind.

- Tyler

Thanks a lot,

Yes is for a lab, do you know the guide to read before install?

Best regards,

Alberto

Alberto,

I honestly am unsure what's in the kit, but if it's just the codecs and peripherals you should be able to use the TX9000 assembly guide ignoring the the frame and display setup:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/tx9000/assembly_guide/tx9000_9200_assembly_guide.html

I doubt there is specific documentation for the kit, but if there is I've never encountered it.

- Tyler

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: