cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade DX 70 to CE software

Tesfaye41175
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to upgrade the dx 70 from android version to CE software using cisco cloud upgrader that has been registered to CUCM and on the document https://upgrade.cisco.com/DX. it doesn't mention if we have to change configure on CUCM, I wanted to make sure if i don't have to configure on CUCM. Can anyone give me an explanation?

12 Replies 12

Tesfaye41175
Level 1
Level 1

Yes I did it explains upgrading using cisco upgrade tool with no UCM. But i have UCM and wanted to know if i can use cisco upgrader tool when the phone is registered to CUCM need.

Go through the Migrate a Cisco UCM registered DX device to CE software (page 1 of 5) if tis registered through the CUCM.

if you are going through the Cloud Upgrader tool  , you need to change the TFTp address to upgrade.cisco.com or 35.185.22.200. In that scenario your DX70 will not register with the CUCM during the migration. once converted you can register it back with the CUCM.

Response Signature

Tesfaye41175
Level 1
Level 1

I tried the cisco upgrade tool and allowed the firewall for outbound connections, but when i test it it doesnt work. do i have to allow for inbound connection also?

The DX device must have access to internet to access the Cloud Upgrade Tool. Are you able to reach the below IP from the DX device subnet ?

• TFTP Server 1: upgrade.cisco.com or 35.185.22.200

Response Signature

Internet works the upgrade.cisco.com works but 35.185.22.200 says bad gateway

DX should be able to reach upgrade.cisco.com or 35.185.22.200

Response Signature

Now it upgraded to CE software and normal calls work  but the webex meeting doesn't work. It says Your call cannot be completed as dialed, please consult your directory and call again.

How do you Jon the webex  meeting. I believe That message is from CUCM .

Response Signature

it said enter the meeting number from your calendar invite webex meeting. Do i have to be invited and where does the invitation ID sent to.

When you receive a  meeting link, meeting ID details will be mentioned in the invite. use it to Join the meeting. 

Response Signature

Okay Thank You, but in Dx 70 there is not login option for webex right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: