Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade file for VCS-E is not available

Ciscollab_Amit
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Could anyone help me here quickly. I am easily able to download the Telepresence VCS-C file from the Cisco's website with the latest X.8.10.4 version. Does it contain both the upgrade images for VCS-C and VCS-E. Can I use the same image for both the server's VCS-C and VCS-E. Or is there any other way to download VCS-E upgrade image. It would be great if someone could point me in the right direction very quickly.

Thanks,

Amit

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ciscollab_Amit
Level 4
Level 4

Sorry to post this irrelevant question. I missed to see the tar.gz file. Both images are available in a single file. I found my answer. :)

Thanks,

Amit 

View solution in original post

That's right. If you go to CCO and look at the bottom file package it mentions that it is for both Expressway and VCS. It does not mention which is for core and edge. Also, when you are deploying a new virtual machine, the appliance type is defined by the licenses plus the services/server type that you choose to install.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ciscollab_Amit
Level 4
Level 4

Sorry to post this irrelevant question. I missed to see the tar.gz file. Both images are available in a single file. I found my answer. :)

Thanks,

Amit 

There aren't two different images. It is the same software that can act as either a VCS appliance or an Expressway. It can either be core or edge.

So incase I have VCS-C and VCS-E, I should use the same image on both the server's to upgrade right?

That's right. If you go to CCO and look at the bottom file package it mentions that it is for both Expressway and VCS. It does not mention which is for core and edge. Also, when you are deploying a new virtual machine, the appliance type is defined by the licenses plus the services/server type that you choose to install.

Yes, the one file can be used for all four types of deployment:

• VCS-Control
  • VCS-Expressway
  • Expressway-Core
  • Expressway-Edge

It's the same software, just different licence keys to switch between functionality.

It would have been nice if Cisco didn't call the new "Expressway" product that name, as it adds confusion for those people with the older VCS platform.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: