Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade in ce9.14.3 doesnt upgrade the cameras

Thibaut_
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I've been having an issue while upgrading Cisco room kit pro and dual 70 (not having any issues with the room kit mini) to 9.13.x or 9.14.x

I now have a warning that the camera is not connected. Physically checking on the codec, I can see the camera view (selfview) but there is a message on the camera telling me that the camera software is in ce9.9 and is not compatible and that I need to upgrade the quad camera.

How can I do that ?

For the info, the codecs are in standalone (not connected to any cucm or registered in the cloud), we are using them to do direct sip calls to bluejeans. (I saw on this forum that I needed to configure some .loads file via cucm but I can't do that since it's not on any call manager)

Usually to upgrade, I download the k3.cop.sgn file ( from here for example :  https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286321872/type/280886992/release/CE9.14.3 ) 

And upload it on the codec (menu Maintenance -> Software upgrade)

I dont see any other files I could download to upgrade the cameras.

If I go back to ce9.12 (using the k3.cop.sgn), I don't have the issue anymore.

Thanks for your help

7 Replies 7

Dave Bohn
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem, I would love to hear what is going on.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Firstly I'd check that the camera is connected properly to the codec (especially the camera's ethernet cable).

Then if it still refuses to upgrade from CE9.9.x to CE9.14.x, try going via CE9.10.x first.

Also, make sure you're upgrading the codec with the .cop file (which includes all the required .pkg files for the codec and cameras) and not just the .pkg file for just the codec (as this doesn't contain the camera firmware for the newer devices like it used to in the older codecs).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Correct we had to go to CE9.10 first or you would receive the error that the uploaded file is to large.  I believe that was a known bug and resolved in CE 9.10 and later.   All of the connections were fine on our multiple setups and we have always used the cop file unless these are being pushed from the CUCM which does not happen very often.  The solution we found on two different new installs was to do a factory reset on the codec after installing the latest CE9.14.  After that the codec and camera would now show CE9.14 and work like they should without doing anything else.  I wonder if this was just a corrupt file stuck on the codec or some other odd error on the install.

Thank you for your answer.

As I am doing this remotely (dealing with worldwide sites so cannot travel to every-one) factory resetting is really what I wanted to avoid  

I am probably going to open a support case at Cisco.

Thanks all for your help

Thank you for your answer.

All the connectivity is good (in 9.x to 9.12 everything is working, even going back from 9.13 or 9.14 to 9.12 makes the camera "work again").

Same as Dave, we need at least 9.9 to be able to upload the .cop file (or else we have the big file error message).

Dave Bohn
Level 1
Level 1

Please update the post when you talk with TAC.

Dave Bohn
Level 1
Level 1

Just a little more info our 3rd room kit plus on this install came shipped with CE9.13.0 and after an update to CE 9.14 we had the same problem saying the software was not compatible with the codec and the camera would not update.  Doing a factory reset resolved the problem.  Not sure what will happen when we do another software update.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: