Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade PrecisionHD 4x on C20

talaverano26
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I just upgrade a Cisco C20 Telepresence from TC7.2.1 to TC7.3.12. The codec is updated OK but the camera are working with the old firmware.

Everything is working fine, but I´m worried future problem or camera damage.

¿Could you please tell me how to upgrade the camera firmware and tell me if the camera could be damaged?

Thanks in advange and best regard. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unless you are experiencing an issue with the camera on the firmware version it is running, then you shouldn't need to worry about what version it is running.   If and when you start having an issue, then you can look in to what is causing it, which may or may not be a firmare issue.  In any case, the C20 has been an end of support endpoint for almost 12 months, so you should really consider replacing it with something that is more current and supportable.

If you really insist on upgrading the camera software, there are posts in the Community already on how to do that - see Precision HD 4x Camera Manual Upgrade Procedure as an example.

Note: the S01752-2.0 FINAL software version was the Final software version for the Gen1 PrecisionHD 4x camera, so you appear to be on the latest version anyway (the screenshot provided by @Anurag Srivastava1 was for the 4x S2 camera which is different).

Here's the screenshot for the Gen1:

Capture.PNG

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello 

Please see the below release notes for PrecisionHD 4x cameras with TC 7.3.12

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc7/release_notes/tc-software-release-notes-tc7.pdf

image.png

image.png

I think that answers your question :-)

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable...

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

Hello

Thanks for the answer. The actual camera HD 4x firmware version is: S01752-2.0FINAL [ID:20012] 2012-08-29 so this is the old version not de TC7.3.12 ¿could you please tell me how to update?

I´m not an expert but the C20 use a HDMI-RJ45 cable conversor to conect the codec-camera ¿maybe this cable is the problem? 

Thanks and regards

Unless you are experiencing an issue with the camera on the firmware version it is running, then you shouldn't need to worry about what version it is running.   If and when you start having an issue, then you can look in to what is causing it, which may or may not be a firmare issue.  In any case, the C20 has been an end of support endpoint for almost 12 months, so you should really consider replacing it with something that is more current and supportable.

If you really insist on upgrading the camera software, there are posts in the Community already on how to do that - see Precision HD 4x Camera Manual Upgrade Procedure as an example.

Note: the S01752-2.0 FINAL software version was the Final software version for the Gen1 PrecisionHD 4x camera, so you appear to be on the latest version anyway (the screenshot provided by @Anurag Srivastava1 was for the 4x S2 camera which is different).

Here's the screenshot for the Gen1:

Capture.PNG

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'd be more concerned that you're still using a C20 which went end of support on 31 August 2018, so is almost a full year out of support.

I'd highly recommend that you consider replacing it with something more current and supportable.

Wayne
--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: