Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade SX20 Failure

I have a bunch of SX 20's that I am trying to upgrade from 5.1.x to 6.1.2.  I have the release keys for the units.

When I try to upgrade the software on the unit, here are the steps I have been taking.

go to the Upgrade page and first put in the new release key and reboot.

The I go and select the 6.1.2 pak from my pc and start the upgrade process.

After spinning for a while to upload the file, It may start to expand and then or it may fail right there.

Is there a procedure that uses the xcommands from an ssh sesstion to do the upgrade so that I can see what the problem is?

Which one of the logs will give me a better look at the reason for the failure?

I know the pkg file is OK because I have been able to use it to upgrade some of the endpoints.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard,

For SX20, you should use s52010tc6_1_2.pkg instead s52000tc6_1_2.pkg.

Try the correct image and your upgrade will be sucessfull.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What software image are you using?

SX20 uses a different image, is this: s52010tc6_1_2.pkg. Endpoints EX/C/MX use s52000tc6_1_2.pkg.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

this was using the s52000tc6_1_2.pkg  that I just downloaded on wednesday.

Richard,

For SX20, you should use s52010tc6_1_2.pkg instead s52000tc6_1_2.pkg.

Try the correct image and your upgrade will be sucessfull.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Well nuts.  I looked at all of the other endpoint types and they all used the s52000tc6_1_2.pkg and did not notice the SX20 was slightly different.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for confirming that your doubt has been answered. You are welcome.

You can download SX20 image from this link:

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284091229&catid=280789323&softwareid=280886992&release=TC6.1.2-SX&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Best regards

Paulo Souza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: