cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade VCS from X7.2.3 to X8.2.1 and now Polycom Group500 Endpoints cannot use TLS

sk8dad843
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone could help on this topic. I recently upgraded my VCS from X7.2.3 to X.8.2.1. Everything seemed to work fine until I tried to call into a RealPresence Polycom Group500 Codec. When we call into this particular codec the far end can see video and hear audio, but on the Polycom we see and hear nothing. After looking at the Search History it appears the call routed as it should. I am using Best Effort encryption on all zones. If I change my transport protocol on the Polycom to anything but TLS the call creates a two way video call. If I set transport protocol on the Polycom back to TLS, the far side can see and hear me but I cannot see or hear anything.

I am not extremely well versed in TLS as a protocol, and was wondering if some of you TLS experts could help figure this problem out with me.

I downgraded back from X8.2.1 to X7.2.3 and this Polycom worked again. So, something in the new software revision broke TLS for Polycom.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Paul Olson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm noticing some issues related to TLS  for some of my systems as well after upgrading to 8.2.1. Check out the guide below. On page 30, I set the Transport protocol to TCP rather than Auto and it resolved an issue for me. 

http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/strategic_partner_solutions/Cisco_Solution_Deployment_Guide_us.pdf

Paul