Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading TMS appliance

I have a cusotmer that has TMS 12.2 running on the appliance and they want to upgrade.

The release notes for 13.2.1 indicate that I should contact tech support about the upgrade steps.

Is there a good procedure that will need to be followed?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

mahkrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Richard, There are several things to keep in mind before upgrading from 12.2 to 13.x. There are software dependencies between TMS and the VCS.  Do you currently use the VCS for provisioning? What version is it on?  You might have to upgrade VCS as well.  Also, to go from TMS 12.2 to TMS 13.1 you will first need to upgrade to 12.6.2. You can't go directly to 13.x from 12.2.   The OS you are running on the server is fine. You will need to install .NET 4 from Microsoft before installing 13.0 or 13.1.  You also need release keys when upgrading to major versions. You can send an e-mail to licensing@cisco.com with the Server Serial number and they can provide you the release keys for the version you are planning to upgrade.  The actual upgrade is done on the server itself. You can RDP into it and download the respective software from http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283613664&softwareid=280886992&release=13.2.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest.  I recommend that you take a look at the Software Release notes for each version of Software that you are upgrading to.  BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: